Earbuds discontinued - any new stuff on the horizon?

I have been browsing the shop and noticed that earbuds are being discontinued. Are there any plans for the replacement? I think it would be interesting to see modular earbuds.

4 Likes

I think earbuds are realy small so its hard to make it modular. I still hope for somethink like Earbuds 2

Pretty bad that they don’t announce discontinued products. Though the Earbuds where terrible in regards of repairability.
I think one of my buds don’t even work anymore. I’ll probably sell them,

Perhaps swappable battery is feasible though?

You can still buy one as spare

I need new earbuds. I would immediately buy a pair if Fairphone offered them with exchangeable batteries.

The reason why I need to replace my current Sony buds is that the batteries have lost most of their capacity and do not even reach one hour of operation any more. Other than that the devices are still in perfect shape! Too bad that I need to dump them only for dead batteries. Fairphone can do a better job on this!

1 Like

Why don’t you try to change the batteries in your headphones? With some it ain’t that complicated, Sony WF-1000XM3 for example:

5 Likes

I’ve just been to the shop to place an order and discovered my Christmas gift has been discontinued.

So sad… :sob: :sob: :sob:

I also wish we knew if something new is coming or Fairphone has discontinued the whole idea of selling earbuds.

Ciao,
Max

1 Like

Fairphone co-founder Miquel last week:

4 Likes

Thanks, Incanus.

That is exactly the model I own and I really appreciate your advice. This post may be off-topic regarding Fairphone, but it is certainly on track as far as Fairphone’s philosophy is concerned.

So, yes: I checked out the repair manual in your post, decided to order the batteries for 15 € including shipping and replaced the batteries in my earbuds. Wasn’t hard, took me about 20 minutes for both sides and what can I say? They are like brandnew again. Which means that i can probably use them for another three or four years instead of recycling them and buying new ones. That’s so fantastic!

My lesson: Check for repair manuals more frequently and live that philosophy even outside the Fairphone universe.

But is is nice to read here that a new earbuds product is in the planning by Fairphone anyway.

8 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that they’ve been discontinued. I only recently bought a pair and have been pretty happy with them. As long as Fairphone continue to provide spares I guess it won’t be a problem.

One thing I haven’t figured is the voice assistant. Apparently a 2 second hold on the left earbud activates this, but it doesn’t work for me. Has anyone managed to get this working? What does this voice assistant do anyway? The support page has no information about it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.