/e/ Pie is out for FP2

Hi all,

Many thanks for the guide, it helped me install /e/ on my fairphone 2. Works great right now, and happy to finally got a most recent android version…

Just for info, about the sideload operation : I had the same problem (sideload failed on zip verification), but I solved it by using the 3.2.3.0 version of TWRP as mentioned in the install doc here.

Merry christmas and happy new year

4 Likes

does anybody know how to get around the issue that /e/, after updating (to 0.13), asks to set up the SD card again?
There are data on the card and I just want to keep using it as “external” but /e/ wants me to make a choice and both options will end up with the sd card being formatted. :thinking:

Can’t you just swipe the message away? I think I had something similar with Lineage on FP2 quite some time ago and I ignored that message.

5 Likes

ha! yes, after dismissing it and rebooting the device the SD card is accessible with the file browser again. thanks :blush:

6 Likes

Looking at

Build Status dev

Source: Info about Fairphone FP2 - FP2
I got the feeling, that /e/ for the FP2 is not stable yet, but still a development build. Thus I was wondering when a stable release might be available. Now I recognized that for all devies the channel “dev” is stated. Could someone with more /e/-internal knowledge than me enlighten me please. :slight_smile:

And btw coming from an encrypted FP Open OS, is there anything to consider for updating? I saw the update description in the forum here, which seems to not make any difference to a backup + factory reset and flash (if I have to back up and recover all app data manually anyway).

4 Likes

I am using /e/ everyday on my FP2, and think it’s really stable. Give it a try!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi there,

same for me : using /e/ for a month now and I found it very stable… more than FairPhone Open OS that I used before. Everything works as expected.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: /e/ Q is out for FP2

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.