/e/ OS update 1.20 hard-bricks Fairphone 5

Yes, I posted that message on e forum and I confirm here too, I have a very similar behavior as @kipo but I did not try yet to connect to a computer due to lack of time/energy.
And I think on the topic someone else posted a message in the same direction for FP5 but not so clear.
… but someone else posted that it worked on his/her FP5 so that’s not on all FP5 that this happens.

For reference, I was on e 1.19 stable, I had my bootloader still unlocked.

Does someone know where the “EDL test points” of the Fairephone 5 are (if any) ?
I managed to find the ones on my FP2 thanks to this link (FairPhone 2 test Point Reboot EDL) but I did not try them yet (I had to revert back to use the FP2 as my primary device after I bricked the FP5 so I cannot really test right now).

I never went this far with a phone but in case it is not too complicated to use the EDL mode, I could give it a try.

Thanks for this information.
It confirms I can ask the french reseller where I bought my FP5, to repair it.
Let’s see how much I get charged or if they do this for free thanks to the warranty.

24/03/2024 Edit : I edited this post and quoted it on the top since it is not allowed to have more than 3 posts in a row on this forum.
Dear all,
I just wanted to keep you informed of the status for me after I sent back my Fairphone 5.
It got repaired luckily without anything to pay.
Now I will say goodbye to /e/OS for at least some years, this was a too bad experience for me.

I will stay with Fairphone OS and try to get rid of the Google Play Store (replacing it by microG if I manage to) because what I would like to avoid is the Google spying on my apps usage.

1 Like

I understand your choice.
There are also other OS’es available like iodé (moved to this one as I also had issues with /e/).
Great you have your phone working again. Hope it lasts for many years now.

1 Like