Dust in FP3 camera

Hello,

i got some dust within my FP3 camera. Is their any way to clean it?

Best greetings

Is it front facing camera? Can you confirm it is IN the camera and not between camera and display? Cause then a disassembly and quick wipe would help :wink:

As a last resort, I wouldn’t feel bad to go for one of those ✏ List of people selling or giving away their FP3(+) camera modules

2 Likes

Thank you very much

It’s the rear facing camera and I’m pretty sure it’s inside the camera.

Recently I got exactly the same problem and since I have some experience with such camera modules, I’m pretty sure that I could “disintegrate” it for cleaning. But putting it together wouldn’t work well, as I couldn’t adjust the lens at exactly the same place as before. I think it’s easier and cheaper to just buy a new or used module to replace it, although I don’t like the idea of throwing away a fully functional camera which only has a small dust particle in it.

Never tried it out, but before you change the module nevertheless… Maybe try to give it a rinse with a pipette and some rubber alcohol?

Even if you don’t get the dust out, there is the possibility to move it out of sight. It could even work with a hard blow of air?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.