Dual Sim : 2G/3G

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I am interested to buy a fairphone but I really need the dual sims (I have a French and a Swiss phone). I have questions regarding the dual sims functionality:

• if I understood well I can only use 3G with one of the sims but I can switch 3G from SIM1 to SIM2 in the parameters so I don’ need to open the phone and changing the sims of slot, am I right ?

• if I have the 3G activated late say on SIM1 and that 3G network is not available but 2G network is available, will SIM1 take the 2G network anyway ?

• Can I activate 2G for the two sims and no 3G at all ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :slight_smile:

Yes, you can switch from sim to sim very easy by changing a setting.

Yes, it will.

You can choose what you want. Put 3g on sim1, sim2 or off.

1 Like

See here, maybe aditional information for you:

Dosc

In Denmark and Sweden there is no 2G network.
Here in the Netherlands 3G is working on both sims. I just have to choose which one I put on 3G and I always can change 3G to the other sim.

1 Like

There is, thankfully (e.g. Telia). But one operator, 3, operates on the 3G net only.

I bought a Claro SIM Card in Columbia and APN is correctly configured but I’m only geting 2G. At home I’m using a Swisscom Sim which is now in Slot SIM2. What can be wrong?

From the website of Fairphone: "The Fairphone 1 is an unlocked smartphone that has been developed for Europe. In all European countries, mobile network providers will support both 2G (GSM/EDGE) and 3G (UMTS/HSPA+). These are the specific frequencies: UMTS/HSPA+ (2100/900 MHz) and GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)."
It could be that in Columbia the frequencies of 3G is different from what the Fairphone uses for 3G.

Please check on your Fairphone which sim is getting the 3G. Is it your SIM1 or SIM2?
Go to System settings
Tap on ‘More’ in the section "WIRELESS & NETWORKS"
Tap on 'Mobile networks’
Tap on ‘3G service’ and see of your second sim is having the 3G-connection.
If not, tap on ‘Enable 3G’ and choose your second sim.

Thank you in Columbia the supported 3G frequencies are 850 and 1900. Those frequencies would be a spec FO Thema next FP…