Don't buy the green Protective Case

While I agree with @angry_dodo, that some of the mentioned example-postings are virtually useless, I am still in agreement with @Snafu here.
I feel for every single user, that is coming here to share his/her troubles and that is presented with postings that seems to not take those complaints seriously.

But how can that be hindered?
One just has to keep in mind, that this is a user forum.
And every user is free to post his/her opinion.
Edit: (My Tip: One should always read a posting as a personal opinion, even if the poster did not put it that way.)
Plus: possibly some of the postings, that seem to ignore the troubles of the poster, like the ones @angry_dodo refered to, are not meant the way they were received.
Just my imagination:
Maybe some of the postings are just meant, to “put things into perspective”. This can be reassuring for the original poster as well as for others, that read a thread out of curiosity. While it will not exactly help the troubled user, maybe it’s good to find out, that one just had bad luck and was not taken to the cleaners by being sold a generelly bad product.
(I am aware, that this will not be the case for every one of the postings.)

In my opinion it would be best, to address a poster directly - maybe by PM - when one feels the need. Thus this person can clarify misunderstandings, apologize and in general learn from the direct feedback.
General complaints might not be related to oneself by those, that should do so.

And finally a practical consideration:
As a moderator I feel obliged to act on spam, insults, racism and the like, but I will not judge the usefulness of postings, that are neither offensive nor spamming or trolling.
And - of course - I try to hold up the forum rules,.

5 Likes

@BertG Is it actually possible to filter posts by certain users explicitly from the personal forum view? I mean not for everyone just for myself when I am logged in.

Edit: Oh yes, you can add them to the ignored users list in the preferences, very well.

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t really know, how this works, since I never used it myself:

In your profile settings, there is the category “Preferences
Open the sub-category “Notifications” on the left side
Select the sub-category “Users

There you can ignore users

Suppress all posts, notifications, and PMs from these users.

Clicking on the button

+Add…

opens a dialogue, where you can chose whom to ignore.
I guess, that’s what you want?

3 Likes

Yeah that works well, it basically hides the posts by default by that user but you can also expand them if you want. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks @BertG.

3 Likes

Well, I do not really care if the protective case does its function, that is to protect. I’ve got the green as well, and yes, it is loosing its colour, but my phone has fallen several times and I’ve got no problem after all. With the protective frame, I experienced some problems with the screen (like glitches). So, so far, it is committed to its function. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 182 days. New replies are no longer allowed.