Does this phone really not have a case?

The FP3’s design is pretty… striking, and I’d really like to have something to protect the entire thing. It just seems so weird to me that the only thing available is a bumper (follow-up question: doesn’t that bumper hide the speaker on the left side of the phone?). I’ve seen the handmade ones by Anna Treurniet, but they’ve been sold out and used to be really expensive anyway. Is it too much to ask for a standard, complete, mass-fabricated phone case?

The bumper has a cut-out for the speaker.

And Fairphone seems to consider developing a “protective case”, see the Shop FAQ.

6 Likes

Thank you for the quick answer! I really hope the case will be made, because it’s a pretty dumb reason to not buy a phone. I think I can do with the bumper until then.

1 Like

There are generic cases out there already.
Incidentally, I still have one to give away :wink: .

1 Like

This is a quantities market. We need more (actually a lot more) FP3 out there before third-party accessory vendors would consider mass producing a fitting case. Maybe Fairphone itself will offer one over time - like they did with the FP2.

Until then, you can always go for a generic case as already mentioned by @AnotherElk.

I have ordered an individual Alpenfilz felt case for my FP3 - they offer a large variety of colors and you can precisely specify the device size.

1 Like

Up until I recently got the FP3 I used “socks” done by fitBAG. They advertise socks for the FP3 on Amazon Germany. You won’t see specific phone models in their own shop, but the order mechanism prompts you for the phone. The Amazon product pages warn you about the bumper:

100%-PASSUNG: Maßgeschneidert zum Fairphone 3 – OHNE Bumper oder Schutz-Case. BITTE KONTAKTIEREN SIE UNS VORHER, WENN SIE EINE ZUSÄTZLICHE SCHUTZHÜLLE NUTZEN

(Fitting 100% : bespoke for the Fairphone 2 - WITHOUT bumper or protective case. PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE [you order] IF YOU ARE USING AN ADDITIONAL PROTECTIVE COVER)

The page I linked above has a 1 star critique, probably because the buyer didn’t read this and did not talk to fitBAG. All socks I bought matched the phones beautifully.

If you buy a sock from fitBAG for the FP3 with the bumper, please report how well it works.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.