Does the Fairphone 4 have a "lift/tap to wake" feature?

Hello,

I just got my new Fairphone 4 and I found that it doesn’t have a “lift to wake” feature. “lift to wake” means that the lock screen (with the clock, latest notifications and so on) is shown when the phone is switched off and you are lifting it.
I really like that feature, so did I overlook something?

Thank you,
Jan

3 Likes

That feature is not available

1 Like

You can use gravity Screen, free on the app store. It does exactly that and allows you to set various of options including lift sensitivity, pocket mode, use of proximity sensor to wake etc.
Not sure about battery usage though, but worth trying.
Just installed it myself will test :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your tip. I installed Gravity screen, and it has a lot of features. But it doesn’t always show the lock screen when I lift up my Fairphone 4. So I changed to an app called Pick to Wake Screen On. It has less features but it shows the lock screen very reliable.

4 Likes

Tasker can do all manner of things. Have a look at that.

Hello,

Yesterday I received my first Fairphone, the Fairphone 4 and I am quite happy with it. However, I miss one feature that I used on my previous Motorola device a lot: an “wake on movement” ambient display. The FP can activate this display if it receives a notification thus I assume this functionality is implemented. However, I would like to show this ambient display when I pick up or move the phone. It is important to mention that I do not want the lock screen to show (found a lot of apps for this already) but this black and white dimmed view I see with the notification.
Do you think there is a chance that this functionality will come to the FP4 or can you recommend any custom app that offers it?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

There are a variety of apps that will bring lift-to-wake feature to your phone but it will show the lockscreen.

It is my understanding that the fp4 screen doesn’t allow ambiant display.

@miriull I moved your question to an existing thread covering the same topic.

1 Like

On recent phone android and iphone a double tap on the sleeping screen (off screen) will wake up the phone so you can see the time and notification. This is very common. This feature is not implemented on my updated software FP4

1 Like

I have on my FP 4 an app called Wave up. This is a good App when you want to wake up the smartphone without pressing the on/off-button.

2 Likes

And it will never be as the limitation is hardware related. FP4’s screen doesn’t support tap to wake feature and no piece of software can fix it.

2 Likes

I also installed wave up. Works great!

1 Like

Battery drain of the app?

Battery darinist almost zero. Try it.

Wave Up works good,except in direct sunlight. There ist an known issue with that Sensor…

1 Like

Am I the only person who misses some quality of life features like tap to wake or automatic activation of the screen, when the phone detect it gets lifted or when I take it out of the pocket? Does someone nows a workaround for these features?

3 Likes

You are not alone, please read above.

1 Like

Hi,

Is it possible to awake the Fairphone 4 by double tap the screen?

Es geht etwas ähnliches: Mit der App Wave up. 2 oder 3 Mal über die Frontcam streichen und das Handy startet. Probier es Mal aus.

1 Like

Hi and welcome, I moved your post to this existing topic, as this covers tap to wake as well as lift to wake