Does the bottom module include a charging port?

Hi all,

I have been having trouble with the charging port of my FP3. I’m quite sure it’s clean (no dust or other stuff), but the charging cable keeps falling out at the slightest movement.

I’m about to order a new bottom module, assuming that this also comes with a new charging port, but I just wanted to check if this is indeed the case.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Misha

Welcome to the Fairphone community.

Yes, it does. From the spare part shop:

Are your friends complaining that they can’t hear you? The bottom module gives your phone a voice: it contains the vibration motor, USB-C connector and primary microphone of your Fairphone 3. You deserve high-quality sound and multifunctionality.

4 Likes

As well as from https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035880131-Fairphone-3-Repair-Price-list-and-FAQ-Cordon-Repair-Center

Description: Bottom Module

Key components: Vibration motor, USB connector, and primary microphone

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

(I did visit that page, but somehow for me it only says "Are your friends complaining that they can’t hear you? The bottom module gives your phone a voice. "? And the spec below also don’t say anything about a USB-C connector? Anyway thanks a lot!)

Hey @shami_v , you can see the full description of the spare parts at the bottom of the page, clicking on the “description” tab.