Does FP4 support 4G+ (4G plus)?

Hello and merry Xmas,

I’d like to know whether the FP4 supports 4G+ (4G plus) and if yes, how can I see that I’m using it? I just recently saw a “4G+” icon on my father’s phone (Xiaomi) and was wondering whether my Fairphone does support it too.

Thanks and happy holidays

There’s no reason it shouldn’t as it’s not a different protocol, but phones are fickle. Do you get 5G where you are?

You really better ask support @ Fairphone though

LTE Advanced Pro

LTE Advanced Pro logo

LTE Advanced Pro (LTE-A Pro, also known as 4.5G, 4.5G Pro, 4.9G, Pre-5G, 5G Project)[42][43][44][45] is a name for 3GPP release 13 and 14.[46][47] It is an evolution of LTE Advanced (LTE-A) cellular standard supporting data rates in excess of 3 Gbit/s using 32-carrier aggregation.[48] It also introduces the concept of License Assisted Access, which allows sharing of licensed and unlicensed spectrum.

1 Like

LTE_CA should show as the Network Override Type in the Phone information menu via Dialer *#*#4636#*#* menu if LTE+ is in use.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you!

Yes it does. It shows as LTE next to your signal meter.
Screenshot_20221225-204717~2

@Zenith
4G is just the marketing name for LTE.
LTE/4G and LTE+/4G+ are the same respectively and the plus just denotes carrier aggregation is in use.
I am not sure when, but I think AOSP stopped showing the + after 9.0 or so.

2 Likes

Yes, FP4 supports 4G+.

I frequently run speedtest at 300Mb/s speeds in 4G.

FP4 is a LTE “Cat18 1200/150 Mbps” device.

Aggregation of maximum 4 bands (for example in France : 800+1800+2100+2600).

4G “non +” is Cat4.

1 Like

Cool, thanks to all of you for your answers :slightly_smiling_face:

LTE or LTE+ are set by the network as descriptions they are not definitive.

I have an FP3 which this morning had 4G, then LTE+, then LTE, then 3G then E as I walked to the local village.

This is using EE in the UK

Different phones, networks etc. could bring up seemingly related names but different qualities.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.