Does FP4 have Qualcomm aptX Lossless support?

I’ve read two separate threads about aptX on this forum but I’m not convinced I’ve found the answer so I wanted to post a specific question. Apologies if I don’t have the understanding to decipher it from those existing threads.

Will the Fairphone 4 allow me to play LossLess 24 bit/96KHz audio with the NuraTrue Pro earbuds?

According to the Nura support site:

To achieve Lossless Audio your device will need to support Qualcomm aptX Lossless, meaning it will need to use Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Mobile Platform

Is this true of the Fairphone 4? And, if not, would their audio transmitter give me this if I plugged it into the USB-C port?

At least at the moment (with current OS update) it won’t work - as aptX does not seem to work:

Maybe after the fix (Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12 - #20 by Yasen_Tomov) this might work…

1 Like

At least aptX HD is supported, but that’s capped at about 600kbit/s, so you definitely won’t be getting the full 24/96 signal. Sony’s LDAC is supported as well, with bitrates up to about 1mbps.

Which the FP4 doesn’t, so the answer is clearly no.

Best wishes,
Thomas

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.