Does Fairphone 3 support video-out over USB-C?

Hi all, I would like to connect an external monitor to my Fairphone 3, so I can easily do presentations at clients. I purchased this monitor (Waveshare 15.6 inch FHD Monitor), which claims to support Android, but when connecting the USB-C cable, nothing shows.

I am contacting support for the Waveshare-monitor, but I would also like to find out here if this use case is actually supported. I cannot find a whole lot of definitive information about it.

The FP3(+) has a USB-C port, but supports USB 2.0 over it only.

This might be the problem here. See for example this thread

Fairphone 3 - USB capabilities - Discuss / Fairphone 3 - Fairphone Community Forum

Best wishes,
Thomas

4 Likes

Maybe these threads can help you as well:

3 Likes

Thanks for these suggestions! I will try to get hold of a Google Chromecast and connect it to the external monitor to see if i can cast wirelessly.

1 Like

So I tried this, and this works like a charm. I connect a Google Chromecast V3 to the external monitor and cast from FP3. When I add the USB-C cable between the two, this particular external monitor actually also supports touch.

This will do fine, for what I need.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.