Does anyone know where I can get my FP3+ screen fixed in Oxford, U.K?

The screen on my FP3+ is completely black. Does anyone know where I might be able to get this fixed in or near Oxford? I’m not sure how different Fairphones are to other phones you see as far as repairing goes. Thank you for any help you can offer. Daniella

Hi and welcome to the forum

The Fairphone is much easier to repair, you could probably replace the screen yourself.

However

a) It may not be the screen that is at fault
b) A local repair shop is very unlikely to keep one in stock.

It may be a good idea to do some tests on the phone.

Consider first that if you have treated the phone well and not got it wet then it still has a warranty until Aug this year, unless you bought it later so Fairphone will in theory repair it for free.

One thing to consider is to dismantle the phone to see if there are any loose connections or any tarnishing of the contacts.

It may just be a dislodged screen.

Take a read of these two guides re. removing and replacing the screen.

I see one has just been mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you try to charge the phone, is there still an LED light showing? If yes, you might be able to fix it yourself by just searching (on the slim side of the phone!) the seam between display and body of the phone for gaps. You can usually close such gaps by applying gentle pressure (audible clicks). If that doesn’t help, a full removal and re-assembly of display and phone body might help – as described here:

4 Likes

As urs_lesse has indicted it may just be a loose screen

There is also the Fairphone guide to removing the screen, which I used.

Here is the official guide to replacing modules

This is the official channel for support

2 Likes

See also

2 Likes

Thank you for your help. I bought my phone in December 2020 and the Fairphone support team have said that the warranty has expired.
Having read another issue with their phone and how dismantling the screen solved their problem, I tried this last night but am devastated that my screen shattered in the process as the screen did not easily pop out and so slight pressure in trying to pop it out caused it to shatter. After doing a google search, a suggestion was made to hold down 2 of the buttons found on the left side of the phone for a few seconds. This allowed the phone to reboot and restart and so now my phone is working again! I just sadly now have a terribly shattered screen so an extra problem than what I started with.
Thank you anyway for the help offered here. I will know to use this forum in future though I hope I don’t have any more issues. I just need to figure out how to get my screen fixed now!

There is a two year warranty so it hasn’t expired ??

It may be invalid if it has got wet or you have changed the OS or rooted the phone and can’t re-install the default OS

So I’m concerned about the warranty issue. If you have a ticket number you can ask someone to look into this for you. The FP3+ wasn’t launched until August 2020 so they all are within the warranty period, even if second hand ???

2.1 The Fairphone smartphone device, the separately bought Fairphone accessories and replaceable smartphone modules (“Modules”) are covered by this Warranty for 24 months from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.

1 Like

Perhaps the applicability of the warranty has expired? …

" 3. Geographic coverage

3.1 The Warranty is valid if a Product is purchased within the European territories of the European Economic Area and Switzerland. This means that Fairphone does not provide warranty service in the overseas territories of European Economic Area members, Norway and Switzerland or in other third countries. Please note, we currently do not ship to Croatia and Iceland."

The UK is an other third country now.

That could do with questioning amongst other text.

Currently, we only sell and ship Fairphone products to countries within the EEA and to Switzerland, the UK, Norway and Croatia.
https://shop.fairphone.com/gb_en/fairphone-3-overview

Also strange as UK resellers give the 2 years and

3. Geographic coverage

3.1 Fairphone’s Warranty service is provided to customers located in continental European territories of: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France Métropolitaine (excluding oversea territories), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands (excluding Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius), Norway, Poland, Portugal (excluding Azores and Madeira), Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (excluding Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (excluding the Channel islands). Our Warranties for the Fairphone Devices and their accompanying accessories and spare parts - Fairphone

I’ve emaiedl support to get some clarification. I have a valid warranty claim, acknowledged, and I bought the phone October 2020 ???

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.