Do you have a Common Voice?

Share your contribution progress here! :smiley:

Mine:

PS.: My dream is using voice recognition on a Google-free phone! :smiley: #livingwogoogle

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey there, dudes and dudettes! :slight_smile:

I just stumbled across the Mozilla Common Voice project, which aims to develop a free and open voice recognition system (Like a non-creepy version of Alexa).
To do so, they need thousands of voice samples, which is where we all can help.

Just go to voice.mozilla.org and borrow them your voice!

You don’t need to create an account or subscribe with your email address, just press record and read out a couple of sentences :slight_smile:
If you don’t want your voice publicly on the internet, you can also verify other people’s recordings, which is literally just listening to 5-second-clips and clicking on wether the person was actually reading the given sentence, a 6-year-old can do this :wink:

Oh, and if you’re not that confident with your English skillz: You can choose any language you want :blush:

6 Likes

I moved your post here to avoid duplicate topics.

3 Likes

Let me just adjust the title so it’s a little more clickbaity :sweat_smile:

We need to work on improving information flow amongst Austrian Fairphoners. :joy:

1 Like

Oh lol, @Stefan already posted the link a year ago…
I think we need to work on improving information flow amongst Austrian Fairphoners to prevent duplicate posts… :thinking:

1 Like

It was two years ago. I think that the information flow must also improve on your feeling of time. We are in 2020 already for your information. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I just started today☺️voiice