Divest OS: Everything about Divest OS on the Fairphones

@kraltix
You need to manually install the latest version of microG:

The microG repo pre-added in F-Droid is broken because of a typo I made, it’ll be fixed next update: News - DivestOS Mobile

Thank you.

BTW, do you have a donation option for people without credit card who don’t want to set up crypto or new accounts? Paypal maybe? (“Keep the hurdles low to make the money flow…”)

1 Like

@kraltix
I do not currently plan on adding any other donation methods at this time.

Hi everyone,

Last week I was configuring my phone and came across a setting allowing me to block my applications with my fingerprint (as you can see below).

The problem is: I don’t remember where this setting is and I can’t find it :sweat_smile:. Any clue about this “issue” ?

It’s in the home screen settings: long press on the home screen → Settings

2 Likes

I have somehow managed to make Gallery open all recently take photos that used to open in Camera. Probably hit “always” instead of “just once”. I want to revert that so that a new photo can be reviewed right in Camera. But how?
Gallery is not set as a standard app.
The camera is version 13 that came with DivestOS.

EDIT: This was moved here, likely automatic because the OS was mentioned.

Not automatic it was me, as I think here you will get help with Divest OS the fastest .

1 Like

@kraltix
long press on Gallery from the launcher > app info > open by default > clear default preferences

Ah, thanks!

I can’t find it. Maybe it’s the OS version? I’ve postponed updating to 20230813 and am still running 20230720.

@kraltix
I left out a step, edited my last message.

That’s all I see.

EDIT: Turning Open supported links off had not the desired effect.

EDIT2: I’ll update over the weekend, maybe that will resolve it.

@kraltix, system update won’t change this, by your picture it is already not set as an explicit default

the “open supported links” toggle is unrelated to this

Must be something else then.
Thanks for looking into this.

EDIT: I have since done a fresh install from latest ISO; issue persists.

@kraltix
Why would you wipe? A wipe is never the solution.

The included Camera app opens up taken pictures in the Gallery app.

My bad – posted in the wrong forum. My apology.

The gpg --verify at https://divestos.org/pages/devices#verify fails. Treating the files separately works:

$ gpg --verify divested*sha512sum
gpg: not a detached signature
#  does not fail when both .zips are treated individually: 
$ gpg --verify divested*-dos-FP4.zip.sha512sum  && gpg --verify divested*-dos-FP4-fastboot.zip.sha512sum
gpg: Signature made So 13 Aug 2023 08:40:48 CEST
gpg:                using EDDSA key B8744D67F9F1E14E145DFD8E7F627E920F316994
gpg: Good signature from "DivestOS Release Signing (2020 #1) <support+releasesigning@divestos.org>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: B874 4D67 F9F1 E14E 145D  FD8E 7F62 7E92 0F31 6994
gpg: Signature made So 13 Aug 2023 08:40:48 CEST
gpg:                using EDDSA key B8744D67F9F1E14E145DFD8E7F627E920F316994
gpg: Good signature from "DivestOS Release Signing (2020 #1) <support+releasesigning@divestos.org>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: B874 4D67 F9F1 E14E 145D  FD8E 7F62 7E92 0F31 6994

Edit: That is in ZSH, if that matters.

I’d like to use some features of KDE Connect, notably media control. KDE Connect requires access to Multimedia control (but tapping it in the bottom list leads to device and app notifications -?), Notification sync, and Mouse receiver.

All three are not allowed for KDE Connect. A dialog “For your security, this setting is currently unavailable” appears on trying to swipe them On.

How grave is the risk to enable these features for KDE Connect, and how is that done? Provided it does not conflict with other security settings, that is.

@kraltix
https://divestos.org/pages/faq#restrictedSetting

2 Likes

Ah! Thank you! I hope this will not compromise security much…

It is primarily an additional barrier meant to prevent users sideloading a (malicious) app and giving it excessive permissions.

For a well-known app like KDE Connect (from a trusted party like official or F-Droid.org) it is OK.

2 Likes