Discount voucher for recycling your old phone

Hi, Iā€™m new here :slight_smile:

Do you get a discount voucher (45 ā‚¬) for recycling your old phone only if it is valuable enough to get shipping label? Mine is obviously not and I have to dispose it locally.

Thanks

I think the community cannot answer this. Please #contactsupport :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Martina_Zitnik
Have you checked the terms and conditions already:

• ā€œ2.3 Where the Recycling Value is negative, We will redirect You to local recycling possibilities.ā€ (underlining done by me)

• 1.1 ā€œRecycling Value means the value of the Product based on its technical specifications and it physical condition minus the administration costs of the recycling program.ā€

• ā€œ4.1 Once the Recycling Partner has confirmed receipt and assessed the Product, We will send the Discount Voucher in an email to the Participant.ā€ (underlining done by me)

• 1.1 ā€œRecycling Partner means the third party service provider, which Fairphone has contracted for assessment of the Product and its refurbishing and recycling.ā€

If you read this together:
Old phone -> Recycle local (not by the FP recycling partner)
No recycling by the recycling partner -> No voucher.

Sorry. Of course support/FP might tell you different and give you a voucher anyway.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I kind of figured it out there is no voucher. I already bought FP2 and Iā€™m super thrilled I did, because I love it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes