Different versions of FP5 back side

Dear lovely Fairphone friends,

I just recognised, that there are two versions of the FP5:
On the back side in the upper right corner there is a „metal T“ you can see through the transparent version or after removing the backcover:

But there are even on the Fairphone website pictures, where one bar of the T is missing:

I bought mine right at the start of sales and do not have the full T. So I assume this is an early version of the design.

Is this little detail having any influence on the device?
And what are this things actually?

These are micro-antennas in various designs… and if you haven’t had any dropouts in connections so far, a missing “design part” shouldn’t have any significant disadvantages. Otherwise: I have not noticed any anomalies in this regard and have been using it from the start. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, these are antennas. The one with the T-shaped antenna is the one specifically made for the Telekom network… Just kidding, my FP5 doesn’t have the T-antenna either and is one of the very first ones. No issues so far with this. Could even be that the picture with the T-antenna is just an early rendering and you won’t find any FP5 like this in the wild. Would be interesting to read from people who got their phone only lately.

3 Likes

Thanks for your replies :slight_smile:

So far I have no issues either.
I got a little more curios and found this difference in another source on Fairphones official Youtube channel. In the thumbain you see the “T-version” but in the video is again the one with just half of the T:

@Martin_Anderseck: True, that would be interesting! Maybe there are no produced phones with the T.

1 Like