Different OSs for FP2

Just got the FP2 and I am alredy losing sight of the pros and ocns of the different OSs that I can install. I prefer a Google-free OS but except for a list of features, I would love to hear from users about FPOOS, Sailfish, Lineage, and Ubuntu. My FP1 is still working so I am not in a hurry and I would love to install each OS just for testing, but I have no experience doing that so it’s going to take some time… :wink: So, reading about people’s experiences would surely help.
(My FP1 runs without Google Services so I am used to F-Droid and Yalp Store.)
Any input is much appreciated!

It’s quite old but here is a comparison between Lineage OS and Ubuntu:

There are quite a few other topics comparing different OSes, but I can’t find them right now. I tagged a few with oscomparison. You may also find some interesting posts under osswitching as people posting there should have experience with at least two OSes.

4 Likes

Yalp Store? Maybe you should take some time to read over your posts before hitting the “reply” button. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch, so true, no better excuse than not having my reading glasses on when reading the name from my FP1 screen!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.