Data recovery when phone not starting pn FF3+

My Fairphone 3+ does not boot. I would like to back up all my data before I send it to the warranty but as my phone currently does not start I don’t know, how I can back up all my data. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sadly unless you have some data on an SD card formatted as Portable then the SD and the main memory are encrypted.

Clearly as a security measure data is not retrievable. Well it’s beyond the reach of most except maybe MOSAD etc.

1 Like

What exactly does that mean?

Is it completely dead, or can you “just” not boot the OS anymore, but still reach recovery mode (keep Vol + pressed while starting the phone) or fastboot mode (keep Vol - pressed while starting the phone)?

Have you tried to keep the power button pressed for about 15 seconds, which should force a reboot?
Have you tried to remove the battery, and put it back in?

Is the bootloader locked or unlocked? (If you don’t know, it’s most probably locked, but the status would be given in fastboot mode as “Device state”, if fastboot mode still works.)

If it’s completely dead, can this be battery related?
If you happen to have fairphoneangels in the vicinity (see angelsmap), you could ask whether they might be able to take a look or help troubleshooting.
If nothing can be done to bring the phone back to life, and if you have really valuable data on it, you could turn to professional (and costly) data rescue services and ask if they see a way.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.