Data cable compatible Fairphone 3+

Hi,

Next to the fairphone data cable, are there more data cables compatible with fairphone 3+? How do I found out without trial and error ;-)?

Thanks a lot!
Lianne

Basically every UsB-C cable is comparable with the Fairphone or other Phones but you have to make sure that it’s also a data cable in not only at charging cable!

The specifications should be given by the seller or the packaging of the cable AND IMPORTANT; USB-C can also operate at USB 2.0 since USB-C is only reffering to the plug!

Blue USB-A plugs or the presence of the additional 5 pins doesn’t mean it uses the USB 3 protocol

1 Like

Thank you very much! (“Thank you” wasn’t enough words :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Yep.

Lian, preferably the cable should be certified compatible with “IEC 62680-1-3” and “USB 3.1 Gen 1” or above. In my experience it’s worth paying a bit more for reliable equipment.

1 Like

By the way: The FP3(+) only offers USB 2.0 speed, I would also buy a faster USB 3… Cable, but the FP3 will still not be faster than USB 2.0 with this Cable

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.