English

Custom TWRP 3.2.3 to decrypt Android 8/9 encryption

Will this fix the TWRP decrypt problem on LOS 16 ?

Amazing! It worked! Thanks a lot!

No. Not related.

Chris

TWRP 3.3.0-0/3.3.1-0 can't decrypt Android 7/8/9 encryption
split this topic #44

A post was merged into an existing topic: TWRP 3.3.0-0 can’t decrypt Android 7/8/9 encryption

Thanks. May sound silly but my problem is to type the “_” I cannot see in TWRP what i type because it shows only stars. In Android I can see the text at least for a second. Is there any possibility to show the password?

TWRP 3.3.0-0/3.3.1-0 can't decrypt Android 7/8/9 encryption

There’s no setting for this.
You will have to watch what you type, the “keys” get darker for a moment when you tap them (lowlighted?).

Did some tests in the TWRP- terminal. There my problem was obvious as I can see what I type. The small figures on the keyboard and my big fingers do not work well together :wink:
Anyway, I am sure that after sufficient testing I inserted: default_password but it did not work.
One reason could be that I flashed 3.2.3 over 3.3.0. Will format my phone again this afternoon and do a clean install.

This shouldn’t cause any problem in the case of TWRP, don’t worry.

Users have previously reported that trying to decrypt data in the custom 3.2.3 TWRP works randomly, not in every case. No clue why this happens for now.

Whereas …

What’s the status currently? Have you encrypted with or without a password?

Not likely (as in: I want to outright say “No.” but I’m too cautious :slight_smile: ).

With password. But it is not accepted.

Then “default_password” will not work, because you encrypted with a password.

The custom TWRP 3.2.3 given in this topic as of now may or may not decrypt Android 8/9 encryption with your password.
I’ve seen it working sometimes with my password, but most times it failed …

And twrp.me TWRP 3.3.0-0 as of now will not decrypt any encryption on the Fairphone 2.