Current location of the community Fairphone 2

Back home! We’ll polish it a bit and send it out to @Amber for the first Dusseldorf meetup!

4 Likes

Where was it before? I mean in-between Aachen and Amsterdam?

At the Munchen community event.

1 Like

Requested for Aachen 11-16 May 2017 :slight_smile: Form submitted √

2 Likes

dito for Stuttgart. @Douwe: should I send it directyl to @urs_lesse? And why hasn’t the Stuttgart Meetup been posted on the Fairphone Events-Site or on Facebook???

I made the same suggestion when the CFP2 was required here in Aachen right after a Munich get-together. However, Douwe told me that DHL would charge an outrageous amount then (as compared to sending it back to Amsterdam first and then to Aachen). I guess Fairphone wants to stick to the same shipping method for simplicity’s sake.

1 Like

Yeah, we still need to figure this out… but indeed sending it directly was a more then €100,-.
But having it brought back to the office and then forward it, was a little under €25,-

And @Friek, sorry, I somehow missed your earlier message. The event has now been added to the FB page :slight_smile:
I will update fairphone.com/events later.

2 Likes

How about sending the phone on your own? That would only cost € 4.99 with DHL.

1 Like

The CFP2 will be sent to Aachen soon and will stay here until (at least) our 22 September meeting.

UPDATE: I think there is not just one CFP2 now. I received a different one today, equipped with the new camera modules and a white slim case. Maybe just one CFP2 to serve all the upcoming #FairSwap meetings isn’t enough anymore :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m re-opening this topic not primarily to announce that the CFP2 is back in Amsterdam after an extended stay in Aachen, but first and foremost to just make meetup organizers aware of its existence. For all details, see the first post. :slight_smile:

See following post by Douwe

However, the diary that used to come with it seems to have been discontinued.

5 Likes

No, I just forgot to put it in the box… sorry about that!

4 Likes

Requested for the upcoming 24 May Aachen get-together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To discuss:

It seems to me that apart from Aachen, few community meetups still order the Community Fairphone 2 (CFP2) from Jollemanhof. As a consequence, the diary that comes with the CFP2 could become more or less obsolete unless meetup hosts also order it as a standalone event companion independent of the CFP2. It might make sense then to re-dedicate it from a CFP2 companion to a general meetup or community diary (and add it to the list of event materials).

However, I hope some of you will chime in first and give their opinions.

In the short run, do the July hosts want the diary for your upcoming meetups? I would need to mail it on tuesday or wednesday at the latest to arrive in time for the inaugural Freiburg meetup, so if you @hnms want it, please PM me the postal address you want to have it sent to right now, please. @Friek, have you requested the CFP2? Right now it still sits on my shelf here in Aachen (it would still travel via Jollemanhof though).

1 Like

Sent address via DM
Thanks

1 Like

I will adapt the List of Materials soon if no one disagrees in the meantime.

I wanted to reply earlier but then forgot about it.

For me, the community phone is not necessary. I have a second FP2 where I test Ubuntu Touch (and sometimes Sailfish) which I can use to show at events.
And the diary… I’m too busy to take pictures at the events anyway. Handling a diary in addition just wouldn’t work :smiley:

I think almost all the diary entries have been done outside (i.e. usually after) the meetups. At least I have always done them later. Way too busy during the event, too.

2 Likes

The gut feeling for myself is that doing it after the event is even more unlikely to happen.

Well, let’s let the thing die then.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.