Crowdfunding for the FP2

A question just popped into my mind maybe @anon90052001 can answer: is there a way current FP users can contribute to the development of the new FP2, financially? With micro-donations or something like it, just for the fun of it?

I plan to use my FP1 as long as possible (or at least hand it down to someone in my family who is in need of a replacement for a broken dumbphone). So I won’t invest in a FP2 like I did in the FP1. However, where do I head if I like to contribute more than just my two cents here on the forum?

3 Likes

From fairphone.com/about (highlighted by me):

[quote]100% independently financed (no donations or venture capital) to preserve our social values.[/quote] :wink:

Joking aside: I think you can help most by investing your time (Thank you for being so active on the forum!) and spreading the word. Tell people about the goals FP wants to reach and maybe even host your own community meet-up.

3 Likes

From Introducing the Fairphone Foundation, Section “How do we finance our activities?”

Also, we receive donations from companies and individuals who want to
support Fairphone in finding solutions and alternatives for the social
problems in the supply chain.

But I never found out where and how I could donate.

4 Likes

Oh no, we discovered an inconsistency! :wink:

1 Like

Interesting question. Well I can confirm that Fairphone, the company, does not accept any financial donations. The blog you reference from July 2013 is outdated and was referring to the now-defunct foundation. Fairphone doesn’t accept donations because it is a social enterprise, using business for social good.

I agree that I think the best way community members can ‘donate’ or contribute is by sharing our message and being active on our online channels.

We hope to create more opportunities for community members to share the Fairphone message. Besides money, are there other ways you can think of that you’d want to share the Fairphone story? I hear the call for T-shirts and posters - but also screensavers, stickers and that sort of thing. What do you think?

4 Likes

Info material for community meetups would indeed be good to have. We still depend on the screenshots of the FP webpage I put together before the 1st meetup in Vienna. :wink:

1 Like

I think it would be cool to get an optional fan-pack with every fairphone sold. It could include a T-shirt, some stickers and that sort of stuff.

3 Likes