(Original/regular) Cover issues (deformed, splits, cracks) (see first post)

thanks a lot for the very super quick reply!

How can I get access to the warranty support? is there a form to use for open a ticket?

Click at the blue words above :wink:
If the form does not work, you can also e-mail support@fairphone.com

Sorry, I didn’t realised about the link before :wink:

However, the form asks me the “Module unique identifier (serial number)”: I have opened the FP2 and on the backcover is printed “FP2-C1BL1-1”. But it is not good to proceed with the form…

Probably you need to enter the IMEI1 number, you can find this on the long edge of the phone when the cover is open iirc.

1 Like

I put the IMEI1 number in the form. See image attached.

You can find a serial number when you boot your FP2, go to Settings > About the phone > Status.
On my FP2 I have a serial number there, just below the Bluetooth address.

On my phone the serial number doesn’t begin with FP2 and has 9 digits.
I found it in Settings, About phone, Status.

I think there is no module number for the case. I would leave the Module number blank and try to submit the form with only the IMEI line filled. If that does not work, use e-mail. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly, cases have no module unique ID. I had that same problem in the past with the Fairphone Support form.

Hello,
i have the same problem (see picture below).
May be it’s a problem with the cover type (i have the same type)?
I get in contact to the FP support (because i thought i buy a new transparent one), but i get the answer, that there are only the Blue Translucent is available :frowning:
But many thanks for your experience with the support.
I also will get in contact with them.

Hi it’s same for me, there is some photos below, I contacted the support today, i’m waiting for an answer.

Hello, i got the replacement today - an other color, because black translucent is not available at the shop.
But the support was good and really fast :-).

Hello people,
about nine months ago, I got a new back cover (bumper style) because my old one had the typical crack next to the volume button. I thought that the new one would be more robust and last longer, but yesterday I discovered that there is already a crack at the sanme place.
Do you have similar experiences with the replacement cover?

The old-style covers that are sold now are still the same as before, so this issue will continue to happen (although apparently the colors available now are a bit more robust than e.g. the fully transparent case).
You can get a free replacement (again) or buy a new slim case so this won’t happen again.

1 Like

You can get a slim case under warranty for free too, but you probably will need to pursue Support a little

3 Likes

No pursuing necessary. My FP2 case split this weekend and I contacted support (as described in post #21) three days ago. Within one hour they asked me to check my shipping address and select one from the available ones (1 old, 4 slim). It arrived today.

I’m impressed! :smile: :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Yo! Same as @Quiss42, received my replacement today (friday) ! And I asked for it Wensday around 11am, I got an answer around 12am (what efficiency!) at 1pm my new slim cover was ordered.
Amazing support !
I had the issue for some months and I discovered this topic on tuesday night :slight_smile: I’d never imagined I would had my replacement so soon !

2 Likes

So yeah, I have my FP2 for little over a year now. Back in november/december, the cover started to split. I suggested to get a discount on the slim cover, as getting a replacement out of the same materials would most likely be crap within a few months time again. And so it happened, a few warmer days, and boom, my new cover also split. So yeah, filed another support request… I do hope that they offer a sustainable solution this time, otherwise I’ll be requesting more covers over the 2 year warranty period. And after that I should probably buy them, which isn’t fair at all I guess. So yeah, we’ll see what they’ll offer this time around.

Each new cover has it own warranty, I think.
They are replacing under warranty regular covers with slim ones now, as you can read in recent comments. No need to worry anymore, :blush:

3 Likes

Yes, I got offered a few of the slim ones as well as the regular blue translucent. This time around I chose the slim, as I guess that has a different design.

All in all, quick responses from customer service so that makes me happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes