Coloured pixels screen

Hello everyone,

The screen of my Fairphone 3+ died two weeks ago.
I have sent a mail to the company but not answer yet.
I do not what to do.
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.

This could well be a loose screen, you can search for similar topics.

1 Like

Check if there are any gaps on the slim sides between the display module and the phone’s main body. If there are any, gently press the phone together to try to close them.

If that doesn’t help, I would take off the display and put it back on as described here:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Fairphone community,

I’ve had my Fairphone for some years now and never had any problems with it. However, yesterday it accidentally fell off a table and it now permanently looks like an analogue TV:

Whilst the screen doesn’t work at all, the phone itself still functions - I can reset it, it still charges and picks up calls and messages (albeit I can’t see or interact with them).

Once or twice I’ve actually managed to get the screen to temporarily reappear and function normally again, through squeezing the top and bottom of the screen at the same time, however this only lasts for a short while before the fuzz returns.

Does anyone know what could be causing this, and whether it is fixable?

Appreciate your help!

If you serach you will find many such queries.

Search

https://forum.fairphone.com/search?q=screen%20pixelated

take the back off and reassemble the dispaly.

etc.

2 Likes

No need to reassemble directly. Just tighten all the screws and see if it works again

3 Likes

Thank you both for the help!

1 Like

If it happens again and you happen to be without a screw driver, try and bend the phone along the long axis. This often helped me to make the screen work again temporarily

1 Like

Hi, after I did a reparation on my fairphone 3+ (replaced the jack) my screen ‘pixels’ unless I put a clothespin on the right side at the middle (where the four screws attach the screen to the main body). I don’t think anything is wrong with the screen since that works, but still wonder whether I should try another screen to see if that solves the issue.
After my screen pixelated I put extra pressure on all the screws, when that didn’t help I needed to get them out to put the screen in from scratch. Unfortunately the screw in the top left corner got stuck. A repair shop broke the socket trying to get to screw out, so there is no longer any pull/force there. It does not make a difference if I press there for my screen, but still wanted to include in case it might explain why my screen pixelates.
Do you think something is wrong with the main body or are there still things I can try to repair my phone? Thanks!

The most common reason for a “pixel screen” is - as mentioned before - a too low force on the 2 screws in the contact plane. Did you clean the contacts of the mainboard and the screen ?
Normaly only this 2 screws are needed for a short test (e.g. using the service menu by dialing :eight_pointed_black_star:#:eight_pointed_black_star:#66#:eight_pointed_black_star:#:eight_pointed_black_star:) of the phone and you do not need to screw in all 13 screws.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! I already tried the 2 screws. Do you mean the sockets of the screws as ‘contacts of the mainboard and the screen’ or is that something else?

The 2 marked screws applying force on the display and the pins on the mainboard:

The marked pins and the contact plane of the display must be clean and without corrosion.
If the 2 marked screws cannot be tighten it may cause a "pixel screen’.