Celebrating 5 years of Fairphone 2 - slim case offer

Yes, and it leads to a terrible dilemma!

Do I not order one as my translucent slim case is still going strong (with some duct tape), and I also have the original case with loose rubber band lying around? As it would be a waste if I order one and never use it.

Or do I order one now just to be sure, in case my FP2 itself lasts longer than my current one?

1 Like

My bet would be, that they have much more cases, than they will need in the future.
The end of stock of the bottom module will result in a decrease in demand of other parts, simply because there will be more phones that need to be replaced instead of used longer with a new bottom module.

@adrienneb
I see your dilemma.
The way I see it:
If your case still holds on (with duct tape) and you are fine with this, stick to it.
Once the case should be done for, you for sure will have no problem to get one in exchange.
Either a new one from Fairphone itself, as I expect them to have enough stock, or a used one from some other user, that is departing with his FP2 (especially when it is broken and given away/sold for spare-parts).
Even now you will every now and then find someone giving away a case for shipping costs in the market place.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.