Catalan Language

I find necessary to have Catalan language option on FP. Is it on the way?

1 Like

Hi @UweSchneider

As for system language (language of menus etc.), I’m not sure anyone on here can help you with that. Maybe you should consider raising this question with the Support.

If you’re talking about input languages for your keyboard, word predicition etc., Catalan is available as a input language on the standard google keyboard.

Seems to be an old issue: https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200746277-Why-not-in-Catalan-

Personally I don’t think there will be a change soon.

Greetings

Tom

Then, what should we do to ask for having our smartphone in our language?

Thanks!

M

You could contact the FP Team and offer your help for translating the FP.

Sure! Who is and how do I contact the FP Team?

Forgive me if these are basic questions, but I’m not an expert in smartphones at all!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

You could ask @anon90052001 or @marco, they are both part of the Fairphone Team.

Yes, this has been a request for some time from the Catalan community. Fairphone team has been working on trying to get Catalan language on the phone. We’ll try to have more news next week about the possibility of getting it in the next update!

I can use catalan language at the keyboard but there is no catalan language option for the phone. I really apreciate to use my fairphone in my language.

Me too!

Please, take a look at:

and

https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201810099-Catalan-language-support

Yes, this has been a request for some time from the Catalan community. Fairphone team has been working on trying to get Catalan language on the phone. We’ll try to have more news next week about the possibility of getting it in the next update!

2 Likes

Hi guys,
Maybe not exactly a fix, rather a workaround:
On my old phone and tablet, I got fed up switching languages all the time and having to dig deep for some characters.
Until someone suggested me MessagEase . It’s an alternative keyboard giving you access to all characters in one tap or swipe (all possible accents are 2), and can combine with a dictionary too. It’s free but has a serious learning curve: it takes a while to get up to speed … (there’s also a game to practice your skills).
There does not seem to be a Catalan word list, but I found it’s usually faster to just type the words than to check the suggestions anyhow…
I hope it can be useful to you too.

If you are interested in keyboard settings for Catalan, you could look at the following:

However, I think the initial post was about the actual system language.

Thanks @joe! I am excited and waiting this news!

1 Like