Cast Screen - Lockscreen bug

Hey forum,

I came across a bug while mirroring my screen to a Miracast HDMI dongle. As soon as the screen locks, either by timeout or when I hit the power button, I cannot unlock the phone anymore.

The screen goes on and off again, the wallpaper gets changed to a default one. This goes on till I unpower the dongle, then it normalizes, but keeps the wrong wallpaper.

I used another dongle, same problem. I also removed pattern-lock, no success.

Can anyone confirm this? I guess it only happens on mirroring. I am running on 18.04.1. I haven’t found anything the like as a general Android issue, so it would be nice to know if it only happens on my device or on others as well.

Thanks,
footar

2 Likes

I’m currently on the Android 7 beta (which should go public in a few weeks) and it doesn’t happen there. But I remember having encountered this issue in Android 6. My workaround was not to lock the screen while on Miracast. :wink:

(Unfortunately, in the Android 7 beta audio is played on the phone and not routed to the Miracast receiver. Hopefully this will be fixed before the public release.)

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming it. Always comforting when bugs appear on other devices, too. Well, at least for me :wink:

That is good to know, hope it gets fixed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.