Cases and screen protectors for Fairphone 2

by the way, now there are 3M vikuiti protection foils for FP2: http://schutzfolien24.de/produkte/displayschutzfolien/geraeteauswahl.html?geraeteklasse=105&marke=Fairphone&modell=28985
I ordered the ADQC27 and it fits.

3 Likes

Thanks for finding out. My local fair trade shop stopped ordering Feuerwear cases as phone sizes keep on changing, leaving the store with unsellable sleeves, so they decided they wont order anymore and I could not test them as I had promised.

Wonā€™t buy a sleeve myself though, the Fairphone 2 is not as big as I feared, it fits perfectly in a (male) trouser pocket.

I added a remark to the wiki, as I ordered a mapbagrag custom size with specification of fp2ā€™s dimensions. Iā€™m very happy with it, fits perfectly

2 Likes

Now thatā€™s interesting. I had emailed Mapbagrag about custom sleeves for the FP2 and they said they expect the phone will likely not slide in and out smoothly, or indeed get stuck on the interior material because of the rubber rim. So this is not an issue after all?

Incidentally (and since you mention the flip in the wiki post), I find the pictures on their website a bit confusing. I understand the magnetic flap doubles as a pull tab to remove the phone from the sleeve. But then it looks like itā€™s sewn to one side and just, well, flips over to the other and around the top of the phone with no way to pull it out. How does that actually work?

No, itā€™s not. After my order someone from the company even phoned me and stated his worries, and said, if it does not work they will exchange it. But I think this works very well. The case is not too tight, but the phone does not fit too loosely, either. It slides in and with a pull easily slides out againā€¦ I like it. And itā€™s a fun case, considering itā€™s some kind of paper

4 Likes

Hm, well cheers for pioneering the flip. I might just get one myself after all. :smile:

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone had some great sites whereas to find a tempered glass screen protector? I know there are several well cut foiles, but Iā€™m really on the lookout for a 9H ā€˜glassā€™ protection precisely cut for the Fairphone.

Anyone got an idea?

My girlfriend also had the same problem and I found this for her. Hope it helps. http://www.amazon.co.uk/DISAGU-protector-Fairphone-fracture-protection/dp/B00PJSXP0A

1 Like

hello folks,

i was checking some websites about a reliable screen protector against impact
i found this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/DISAGU-protector-Fairphone-fracture-protection/dp/B00PJSXP0A
does it fit to a FP2 ?

thanks for your feedback !

Itā€™s meant for the FP1ā€™s 4.3" screen, so itā€™s too small for the FP2

1 Like

thanks arvil !
is there another supplier for the FP2?

I donā€™t know, there were people on another thread on the forum who were looking for one IIRC

I have pretty good experience with foils from here: http://schutzfolien24.de/produkte/displayschutzfolien/geraeteauswahl.html?geraeteklasse=105&marke=Fairphone&modell=28985.

I use them on a Fairphone 1, Sony Xperias and a Motorola and they also fitted well. I tried the expensive ADQC (clear) and DQCM (matte) types. I like the matte foils for their look and feel. I also had a AMR type once but it was a huge disappointment.

thanks ben for your reply
"Hard-coated" does it mean it is reliable against shocks 1 impacts ? (i had a mobilephone with a gorilla glass but it was broken yet)

I honestly do not know. I cleaned it once with a lot of force, but did not put it under unusual stress.

Has someone experience if there is a difference in the qualities ever? The descriptions read like a advertising trick and I wonder if there can be really that many features to foil

1 Like

@chwohl, which of the Mitch 6 models did you try, a white, red or black one?
I tested the black Mitch 6 in my local store, but found it to be a bit too tight. Actually, I had to stuff it in quite hard (Iā€™m not even sure if I got it in completely) and getting it out also wasnā€™t easy. Maybe there are slight differences between the white/red and black?

I was thinking about getting a Vikuiti screen protector for my FP2 but it looks too small on the photo.
Does the rubber rim that wraps around the edge of the glass go over the film? Or is there a gap between the filmā€™s edge and the rubber rim?

The screen protectors I mentioned here Cases and screen protectors for Fairphone 2 (FP2) (or: Which fits better: Feuerwear Mitch 6 or 10?) are fitting and OK. Four different versions available for a reasonable price.
And there is a gap between the edge of the foil and the rim.

1 Like

I tried a black one as well and was happy with the size. Tight, but no violence needed when stuffing it in. Now what you say is confusing. As they are all hand made, maybe there are slight differences in size and I just accidentally grabbed a slightly larger one, whereas you encountered a smaller one?