Cardboard VR: Experiences and Recommendations

Motivated by your post, I just came back from a walk where I took a lot of photospheres. Some are pretty good. Only minor stiching faults… I also found a good app to watch them Tao360. It’s a bit slow, but works totally with head movements only :slight_smile:

Yeah, I also conclude that it’s meant for outside use.
Unless you live in a big castle…
Calibrating the camera can also improve the results, so that the 360th and 1st degree are aligned.

How do you calibrate the camera?

Not the camera, but the compass.
You need to make a “figure 8” in space…
Easier to do show than to explain : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0tK0zWXUXU

This problem is not solved with the new update, no ?

I tried an app today in the morning which I think wasn’t fixed by “my workaround” before, today it worked as intended. I dont know if drifting problems or things like that were touched.

I had the tiny screen down before the update, this is fixed is my case. I tried different apps and it worked ok.

Finally I managed to order a Mr. Cardboard, install the Cardboard app and check the settings.
Many thanks to @Irina_Spitznagel for the recommendation and @Eagle5 for providing the calibration QR code!

1 Like

Hello !
Does anyone have tested the app “Neos : the universe” with a cardboard ? I tested this app without any VR gear and the image was all static, not reacting to my movements…
Regards,
Olivier