Can't unlock phone - touchscreen unresponsive

When I “wake up” my FP2 it is taking 2-3 seconds for the screen to stop being black (much longer than normal. Then the touch screen doesn’t work. After a minute or two of trying to unlock, the screen will come on at a normal speed, and the touchscreen will work.

I’ve tried taking the battery out, but the problem returns minutes later. I’ve been having this issue for several days now. My Fairphone 2 is a few years old, but the problem is new. It’s similar to this problem: Fairphone 2 touchscreen suddenly freezes

I suspect this is a software problem, because it correlates with the screen taking a long time to come on. Can anyone help?

Which OS and version are you using?

FairphoneOS should be 19.05.3
Fairphone Open OS should be 19.05.02

I assume after updating you already have performed one maybe two reboots…

Did you search the #bugtracker if there is a workaround available?

Hi Patrick,

I’m on FairphoneOS should be 19.05.3. The problem is intermittent, but has occurred frequently enough in the last few days that I’m concerned. I have reset the phone by removing the battery 2 or 3 times in the last few days, attempting to get the screen working.

I’m not familiar with the bugtracker, I’m afraid, so I don’t know if this is a known issue or not.

You might try to start and run your phone some time in #dic:safemode just to see if the problem is related to any third party app you use.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.