Can't uninstall OpenWNN Japanese Input

Hi all,

posting here as I’ve gone through the forum and can’t find similar posts. If they exist and I’ve missed them, please let me know.

I just started setting up my FP2, I think I managed to update to the Open Source OS (Looking through “About Phone”: Android Version is 5.1, Build number is FP2-userdebug 5.1 FP2 fps-sibon-16.04.0, Kernel version is 3.4.0-g3e223c2 … more info… dated 25 April), installing new apps and removing old ones. In using F-Droid, looking through the “installed” tab I found OpenWnn, which also says the following:

• Japanese Input Method
  • 5.1-fp2-sibon-16.04.0 (which I guess means it came bundled with the OS)
  • Apache2

Tapping on the app leads me to the app description, listing the version as 1.3.5.2 (Apache2), and saying “Status: it may not be possible to build future versions as they rely on resources that are not in the Android SDK”.

Tapping on the trash can brings up the “Do you want to uninstall this app” message. And tapping “OK” leads to a message titled “Uninstall error”, explaining “Failed to uninstall due to an unknown error”.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stf

Well, yes most probably the APP runs with administrative priviledges. Go to Settings -> Security -> Device Administrators
and untick the app
Then start the deinstall again.

Thanks @mike_s. Unfortunately I can’t find the app under Device Administrators - there is only one app present and it’s unticked. Would you have any other suggestions?
Cheers!

Stf

I have the same problem, any help would be appreciated

Same here. Additionally, I cannot remember installing this app at all…Any hints on how to proceed ?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.