Can't open the phone

I received my FP2 and try to open it to put the sim cards into it, but I can’t open it. I’ve seen a few tutorials where they simply push back the cover, it looks very easy there, but my cover is made of hard plastic and it won’t move. I’ll have to use a screw driver, but I’m afraid I’ll damage the phone. What can I do?

If I understand you correctly you have a slim cover and try to take it off like one of the old “regular” covers.
The slim cover actually has two parts: the black rim and the colorful or transparent back-part. Try to get your fingernails in between to get them apart.

PS: Here is a video where you can see the difference between the regular case (first) and the slim case:

2 Likes

Hm, that will require a screw driver too, I’m afraid, but thanks anyway, it saved me from ruining the thing alltogether :smile:
I’ll try, thanks!

I don’t think anyone ever needed a screwdriver to take off the slim cover and I’m sure you can do it without too.
After all the FP2 was designed to open.

1 Like

Perhaps you could try a thin nail file or a guitar pick.

2 Likes

I did work with a thin knife (my finger nails are more or less non existing :slight_smile: )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.