🇫🇷 🇬🇧 Can't delete downloaded .mp3 file

FR BELOW!

Hello, here is my problem. I have a FP3+ that runs on/e/ OS.

I recently downloaded three .mp3 files but I can not play them, nor delete them!

I open the default file manager, search for the files and select each one and then clic on “delete”.
Then nothing happens. :frowning:

When I open the dev files’ informations, here is what I find:

• Uri content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/msf%3A47512
  • Document id msf:47512
  • Raw mimetype audio/mpeg
  • Stream types [audio/mpeg]
  • Raw size (bytes) 11 608 936
  • Is archive false
  • Is container false
  • Is partial true
  • Is virtual false
  • Supports create false
  • Supports delete true
  • Supports metadata false
  • Supports move false
  • Supports remove false
  • Supports rename false
  • Supports settings false
  • Supports thumbnail false
  • Supports weblink false
  • Supports write true

How can I delete these 3 files ? Thank you :slight_smile:

:fr:

Bonjour, voici mon problème. J’ai un FP3+ qui tourne sous /e/ OS.

J’ai récemment téléchargé trois fichiers . mp3, mais je ne peux pas les lire, ni les supprimer !

J’ouvre le “file manager” par défaut, cherche les fichiers et sélectionne chacun d’entre eux, puis clique sur “supprimer”. Il ne se passe rien :frowning:

Quand j’ouvre les informations développeurs de l’un des fichiers, voici ce que je lis :

• Uri content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/msf%3A47512
  • Document id msf:47512
  • Raw mimetype audio/mpeg
  • Stream types [audio/mpeg]
  • Raw size (bytes) 11 608 936
  • Is archive false
  • Is container false
  • Is partial true
  • Is virtual false
  • Supports create false
  • Supports delete true
  • Supports metadata false
  • Supports move false
  • Supports remove false
  • Supports rename false
  • Supports settings false
  • Supports thumbnail false
  • Supports weblink false
  • Supports write true

Comment supprimer ces fichiers ? Merci pour votre aide :slight_smile:

Why don’t you asked in the /e/ community?
I think it’s the right way.

they already do some curious things in their OS

:uk:
Did you try with a third party file manager? E.g Material Files, from F-Droid.

:fr:
T’as essayé avec un gestionnaire de fichiers tierce? Par exemple Material Files dans F-Droid.

I have the same issue, with FP3 Stock OS (Android 10).
I downloaded a mp3 file as a notification, that then I moved to another folder in the external SD.
From then on, it was in June 21, the file is still shown in the Download section of the File Manager. Even if it is not there. Can’t delete this orphan/broken entry.

1 Like

Worth a try perhaps …

3 Likes

It looks like it worked for me, thanks!
Had to reboot the phone for the library rebuild to be properly triggered (stock File Manager and custom Vinyl media player). Obviously, it lost/reset the recently played list.

2 Likes

@AlphaElwedritsch I created a topic on /e/ forum on the same day here, I hope someone will offer help:

@Alex.A I tried Amaze and Google Files Manager. My 3 .mp3 files do not appear in these apps. Weird. I guess it has something to do with the default file manager :confused:

1 Like

The best way to know if they’re actually here (it could just be a displaying bug) would be to connect it to a computer with adb, open an adb shell, then navigate to the folder of the files with cd /path/to/files, show the files in the given folder with ls. If there’s nothing in the shell, then you should be sure it’s only a bug of the file manager displaying them while it shouldn’t. If they are here in the shell, you can delete them with rm file.

2 Likes

I had a similar problem on my FP3, as I could not delete several file entries from the Downloads folder using the default “Files” application, as I had deleted them using a different file manager. Therefore, even though they were not on the phone and I could not open them, it did show their name in the file list.

Well, by following these steps I have solved it, I can only see the files that I do have on my phone, so thank you very much! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Finally, it worked for me! Thank you everyone.

:warning: Save your media files on a computer before doing this!

:fr: En français pour /e/OS version 0.19 Android 10 :

:warning: Sauvegardez vos fichiers médias sur votre ordinateur au préalable ! (photos, musique, vidéos…)

Aller dans Paramètres > Applis et notifications > Afficher les ** applications > appuyer sur les 3 points situés en haut à droite de l’écran > Afficher les processus système > Stockage Multimédia > Espace de stockage et cache > Vider l’espace de stockage

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.