Can't access system settings

Hi and a happy new year everyone!

Well, I can’t access my system settings. It trys to load but crashes immediatley.

I can’t really tell since when I’m having this problem, since I’m not using the system settings everyday. I don’t think it has something to do with the latest update, because I recall having this problem a couple of months ago. Then most of the time it solved itself by just rebooting the phone, so I didn’t bother. Doesn’t now.

I’m using the nova launcher but it dosen’t work with the fairphone launcher either.

Anyone an idea what that might cause? An app maybe?

cheers

Yeah I guess it’s probably an app.
You could make a backup and then start deleting apps that you suspect, starting with the ones wich data you can easily restore without loss.
I had/have a similiar problem. Whenever I go to settings > display it crashes with the message “unfortunately settings has shut down”. I found the cause, it’s muzei. when I disable it as my live background the problem is gone.

You could write us a list of apps you installed in the last month or so, maybe someone has an idea wich one is causing it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response and it was just the right hint!

It was caused by an app called “recent app manager”. I had to allow it
"to monitor when apps leave or return to the home launcher screen, in order to update the widget"

Maybe that messed it up.

Anyway, thanks a lot!
Have a nice weekend.

2 Likes

Glad this sorted it for you.