Cannot reinstall google apps after update

Hi,
I uppdated Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and google apps will not be reinstalled. The widget comes up and it is possible to ask for update and the phone reboot. However, when it restarts there is no google apps installation and nothing changes. I have tried to do the update several times as well as updating google apps. Not being a technical person, I do not know how to install google apps.

Are you running the stock Android Jelly Bean, not Fairphoneā€™s own customised Android OS (Kola Nut 1.8.5)? If so, I think that there are no app store install option available: youā€™ll need to find a Google Apps installer (apk file) somewhere out there (there are probably people here that can give a hint where to find it).

If you open the FP Installer app, what version is indicated as installed?

Thank you. I have the second generation FP and Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 is
installed. I cannot find Kola Nut 1.8.5 on my phone. Previously I have just
updated what was in the phone. Previously I have been able to update and
the system and still have google apps. Is it possible to install Kola Nut
1.8.5, or do I need to install google apps in a different way?
Thanks

Do you have the Fairphone Updater app on your phone? If so, open it and tap ā€œEnter advanced modeā€ at the bottom. You should now have a choice between Android Fairphone and Stock Android. Choose Android Fairphone and the latest available version (should be Kola Nut 1.8.5).

After installing Kola Nut, open the Updater app again, enter advance mode, chooose ā€œApp Storesā€ and ā€œGoogle Appsā€. Hopefully this will fix everything.

See the tutorials: https://www.fairphone.com/tutorials-en/#/fairphone/fairphone/software-update

The installer may ask you to install a ā€˜pre-updateā€™ first. If so, do that and then continue with updating to Kola Nut.

Manual install is another option: https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202478028-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-software-update-version-Kola-Nut-1-8-5

2 Likes