[CANCELLED] Fairphone 3 - in parts -repaired with core module heat treatment

What product(s) are you offering?

fp3 battery (used 2 years)
fp3 battery (new from box, only used for testing when phone would not start)
fp3 screen (used 2 years)
fp3 top module (used 2 years)
fp3 camera module (used 2 years)
fp3 speaker module (used 2 years)

(I will add SOLD to each part that is no longer available)

At what price are you willing to sell or give it/them (for free/fixed/negotiable)?

Negotiable. Per item or all in one. As long as they get a 2nd life.

From where would you be shipping (country or city)?

Shipping from the Netherlands

Photo(s) of the product(s) (if it is a phone, please include a photo of the phone switched on displaying the current date):

Other, remarks:

Unfortunately my Fairphone recently went black. Given the costs of getting hold of a new core module, I decided to save up for a new fp5 instead. Hereby I am selling the working components of my old fairphone to whomever can use them.

All modules are the original FP3. They have all been used 2 years, with the exception on one battery, which I bought as a replacement of the old one and just recently unpacked (when my phone started going black and I wanted to test if the battery was at fault).

I’m happy to sell the parts individually, or as one package. The screen works, it has no cracks, but quite some scratches due to regular use (see the second photo where the screen is tilted). I am deliberately not selling the bottom module. It gave quite some issues with charging lately.

NB: To be able to send a direct message to the user, you will need to reach trust level 1 by entering/opening at least 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts and spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts.
Be aware, that [cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals]

1 Like

As I am a new user I could not add more than one image unfortunately. So I added the one of the screen tilted.

You might consider to give your core module away to someone who might be willing to try to “bake” it like in

You’re now a “basic user” and should be able to add more pictures in case you want that.

4 Likes

Volker, you have been a life saver. I did the 10 minutes 220 degrees treatment to the core module and I can report that this message is sent from my old Fairphone 3.

I’m sorry for anyone among you who was looking for these parts. For it seems I can put them to good use a little while longer. I will put [CANCELLED] in front of this post. In case the fix works only for a short while, I will offer the parts again in a new post.

8 Likes

Hooray, that’s great news!
Good that you’ve been adventurous!
Hope the solution will help to give your FP3 a much longer life! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hi, Paul! How much are you selling the screen?

Sorry, the offer has been cancelled as the device works again (see above).