🏒 Canadian Fairphoners! 🇨🇦

Hi everyone, I’m considering selling my FP4 if I can find any takers in Vancouver (don’t worry, I’m not leaving the FP community). I bought it from Clove Technology 14 months ago. It’s the 256GB + 8GB RAM model in Grey. Comes with a grey case and two privacy screen protectors (one already installed and one spare). Please let me know if you’re interested!

1 Like

It is customary here on the forum to post a picture showing the phone with today’s date on the screen if you want to sell it.

Hi Canadian Fairphoners!

I’m retiring my Fairphone 3+ due to the battery running out of life. It has served me well for the past 4 years.

I’m not entirely sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I’m hoping to sell it to the community so that others will find the parts useful. It has all the parts of the original Fairphone 3 plus the top/back camera+ modules, minus the battery (which I’m disposing of responsibly). I’m based in Vancouver, Canada. Please message me privately if you’re interested :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Bryan

1 Like

You might want to duplicate your ad to this category: Offer - Fairphone Community Forum (I’d definitely recommend to mention Canada in the ad title then). Ideally, you could then just leave a link to that new ad from here, too.

And sooner or later others might bring this up as well, so I’ll mention right away that dealers like vireo.de ship Fairphones overseas (from Europe), they might ship a battery, too – anyone interested might want to ask them (as batteries are harder to ship) at kundenservice@vireo.de.
(To others: I did check clove.co.uk as well, but apparently they do not stock FP3 batterries right now.)

1 Like

Thank you for the reply @urs_lesse. I’ll copy the post over to that category.

Re: battery, I did look into that (vireo.de was the reseller I used in the first place) but they don’t ship batteries alone as far as I can tell (I think there’s something in EU regulations that prevent shipment of Lithium-Ion batteries).

2 Likes

It looks like they only ship to Belgien and Gremany. Email them and ask.
I did find this in this forum Fairphone 4 battery

The regulations for shipping batteries are a bit silly sometimes. It’s often easier to ship a whole phone (including battery). It might be easiest to ship batteries through a reshipper that supports batteries, though that’ll be expensive.

Not really. lithium batteries have a tendancy for spontanious combustion. Personally I would rather not be in a plane when one of them decides that the time is right.

So you are not flying at all? Because all people around you have multiple devices with such batteries with them. Smartphone, Tablet, Headset, Laptop, Powerbank…

1 Like

And you must have all batteries with you in the hand luggeage…should they find it in your other luggeage you will have problems, same as with lighter.

Before boarding on my last flight München - Montreal we were told that all devices with batteries had to be in carry on. What were you told on your last flight from where to where?

And where is the carry on luggage during flight?

Where was yours on your last flight?

They have no sence of humor.

Sorry, I don’t know what you are trying to tell me.
I guess you know very well, that carry on luggage is during flight in the compartment over your head or in front of your feet, so:

you are in pole position.

If anything happened in the cabin it would be quickly noticed and delt with. How no Idea. There must be a precedure. If something happened in the cargo hole it may not be noticed until it is too late.

I’m quite sure, the cargo area is also under video surveillance. And the battery far away from you. Better than having it in the seat pocket in front of you or directly above your head.

I was only talking about how you can ship a FP4 (and presumably FP5 now or soon) to Canada with less effort than just a FP4 (or FP5) battery. Both have the same battery, so whether it spontaneously combusts or not is not really the problem. Though phone batteries do not spontaneously combust by themselves.

The battery of the Fairphone 4 doesn’t fit in the Fairphone 5, and visa versa. The size differs.

Yes sorry I meant the full FP4 phone has the same battery as just the FP4 battery, and same for the FP5