šŸ’ Canadian Fairphoners! šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦

Ha! Didnā€™t realize the Germans spelled it differently - itā€™s there, thanks!

Anyone has experience with vireo?

I just can reflect what has been posted in this forum by other users.
And there were no complaints so far; except the fact, that it is (way?) more expensive when ordering from overseas.
European customers seem to have been satisfies sofar.

Hi Urs_lesse!

Do you still have that fairphone 2? I havenā€™t found a message where you say you gave it away (only people from Europe that wanted to get their hands on itā€¦ shhh, they can easily get parts!). I live in the province of Quebec :slight_smile:

Thanks! :smiley:

I never offered an FP2 myself, itā€™s @Seatofkings who did. I recommend you contact her to ask if itā€™s gone or not.

Hi all!

I own a Fairphone 2 for a couple of years and, sadly, my core module and bottom mic module have issues. The phone is still working but it reboots randomly (2/3 times per day) and the bottom mic has a contact issue.

It is too expansive for me to get a new one or to repair it and I would be glad to give it a second life!

So Iā€™m selling all FP2 parts that are still working. I live in the Laurentians (1 hour of Montreal) and I can ship the parts.

Here is the list. All parts are in good condition and work properly. Shipping costs are not included:

• Screen (1.5 year): 45$

• Rear camera, the first version (4 years, used 2.5 year): 15$

• Front camera, the first version (4 years, used 2.5 year): 10$

• Rear camera, the new one (1.5 years): 25$

• Front camera, the new one (1.5 years): 15$

• Battery (1.5 year): 10$

• Blue case (1.5 year): 15$

• Complete phone with all parts: 160$

1 Like

did you end up selling any of that stuff? i might be interestedā€¦ see also:

1 Like

Does anyone have a battery is still for sale? Iā€™m in Canada and trying to get a replacement battery for my Fairphone 2. Thanks!

Hello fellow Canadian Fairphoners!

I have been using a Fairphone 1 since 2015 in Edmonton, AB.
I love it and would not have changed but have been notified by Rogers that as of Mar.31 the phone will no longer be supported as they are eliminating their 2G coverage and the phone will not work with anything beyond this.
Soā€¦ 2 questions please.

1. Will the Fairphone 3+ work with Rogers in Edmonton Ab? Everything Iā€™ve read tells me it will and can handle up to 4G.

2. Does anyone on here have a used Fairphone3+ for sale?
I am happy to buy second hand, otherwise will most likely order from Clove.

Much Thanks!
Brett

I just had an idea. Amazon Germany offers worldwide shipping for certain items. Here is a replacement battery for the FP2:

Link

Maybe you can order it via their website.

Thanks! I will give it a go

Faith

Going by the frequencies on this page it should as band 2/4/5/7 are supported.

Thanks Albert! Much appreciated!

As it seems, at least the German online reseller vireo.de is shipping worldwide. The link has already been posted here somewhere in this long thread. And users from NZ/AUS have used this shop as well as far as I recall from this forum.

2 Likes

Hey Brett,
Iā€™m located in Toronto and Iā€™m looking to sell my Fairphone 3. BIG WARNING: I bought it in April 2020 and the display is lifting from the phone. (Iā€™ll link to my post on the support forum). Iā€™ve been back and forth with the support team since November, I sent them photos but they have just suggested sending it in to their return center (weā€™re out of service area so itā€™s not covered to send it back. )
Functionality isnā€™t terribly effected, I use a bit of electrical tape to hold it together.
If youā€™re up for a DIY project or okay to have a bit of tape on your phone, Iā€™ll give you a good deal!

pmā€™d! Thanks for getting in touch ACE

Hey Canadian Fairphoners!
Looking to sell my Fairphone 3, If anyone is looking for parts for a DIY project Iā€™ve got the perfect phone for you.
Asking $250CND + shipping.
Here is my post here about the issue, more photos and details by request.

1 Like

Hello everyone! Iā€™m near Montreal and I have a few FP2 new spare pieces that I do not need:
-screen (new)
-bottom module (new)
-orange cover (new)
-camera (original one)

Let me know if this may help you!

A cautionary tale.

Maybe youā€™re here in the Forum researching whether or not you should buy a Fairphone. Maybe like myself, you came to the forum to hear from the experiences of other users to make your decision. Maybe, like myself, you are driven by a desire to have a phone thatā€™s more ethical, more sustainable and more repairable. Great!

After much deliberation, I ordered my Fairphone in March 2020 from CLOVE Technologies in the UK (paying rough $800ish with duties and all). I knew there was a risk of being outside the support area but figured it was repairable with a lot of resources and a community of support to repair whatever issues I encountered. I think in this friendly enthusiastic community of Fairphoners, that risk was downplayed. Or maybe I just so badly wanted to believe that a more ethical, sustainable and repairable phone was available outside of Europe, that I didnā€™t properly weigh that risk to the reward.

Skip to October 2020 when my display began lifting away from the body of the phone. It was 3ish weeks before I could successfully submit a support ticket (issues with their system at the time). Another week and a half before I got a response. They requested photos and it was into February before they suggested I return it to the support center for diagnosis**. It was March when they informed me that it was a known manufacturing issue**. Finally, just as I am debating whether itā€™s worth the time and money to send it back, I get caught in the rain and the water damage does in the display. Now, the issue is deemed user damage, though it was no doubt exacerbated by the fact that my phone had been gaping open for near 6 months.

In that time there was no trouble shooting or suggestion of repairing it myself (which I tried to no avail). Support often took weeks to get back to me on simple questions and the best support I received was from @robbert.f to hold it together with electrical tape. (Thank you, you truly are a Fairphone Angel.) I canā€™t help wondering if the support team was deliberately slow so that further damage would occur and it would be deemed user damage outside of warranty.

I wanted to share this cautionary tale and emphasize the risks of being outside the support area, I know this forum is typically a Fairphone lovefest and I wanted to share my story in case it saved anyone the hurt and hassle of what I went through.

If anyone wants Fairphone 3 parts, Iā€™ll send it your way if you cover the cost of shipping. I just want to be rid of the damn thing that gave me 6 months of feeling virtuous and 6 months of pain.

TLDR: Bought phone with known manufacturing defect, outside of the support area received little to no support. Giving away F***ed -up Fairphone to anyone who wants to cover shipping.

yours,
A Former Fairphoner

2 Likes

The support delay may not be intentional but clearly inept and amounts to the same thing as such delays are very stressful and there seems to be no let up in Fariphoneā€™s amateuristic support.

I am not happy with the responses I get but unlike you, in Canada, from the UK I feel I can throw a stone across the English Channel to get their attention.

Saying that, I like the fact they try ~ and that they make a bit of a mess is all so ā€˜humanā€™. So unimpressed with the support am I that Iā€™m in the process of buying some shares so I can really be a part of the problem :slight_smile:

I hope you find someone in Canada that will appreciate your offerings, spare parts for a phone that almost works is brilliant to another FP3 owner. No point in sending it back to Europe really as we have easy access to parts.

1 Like