Can we please have more openness about the touch screen bug?

Have you tried the suggestion with dis- and reassembling the phone? Evtl clean the connectors? Would be interesting if it has an effect

Tried disassembling and re-assembling the phone before calling support today. Required a bit more force than I imagined, but got there eventually. I could see a small piece of hair/dust on the screen which I removed thinking Iā€™ve found the problem. But that didnā€™t improve anything once the phone was reassembled, so guess it was a red hair-ing (pun intended).

Support said theyā€™d mail me back later and did so with the suggestions from the issues page. So Iā€™ve politely said its all been tried out without success and repeated my request for getting the phone/screen replaced.

1 Like

Update on this: Since about two weeks I finally have a new display, with a manufacture date from March. Ot has not had any jumping screen issues and makes me a lot less of a frustrated FP2 owner :slight_smile: Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed that the ā€œbright spotsā€ issue is also a problem thatā€™s been fixed in the March batch of displays.

That said, I still stand by what Iā€™ve said in the post about the lack of communication about software and hardware issues with the FP2.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone 2: Crazy touch inputs (touchscreen issue) - workaround (for some): increase touch & hold delay

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP2 Screen canā€™t be reactivated during/after calls - See first post for Workarounds

Closed for now as most new posts appearing here are better placed in more specific touch screen problem topics. If you feel you can add to the original topic of Fairphoneā€™s approach to communicating about these issues (i.e. not the issue itself, rather the way Fairphone communicates about them), ask any of the moderators to re-open the topic.