Can sent but can't receive mail

From 24th of March 2018 my Fairphone1 does not receive any mail. I can sent mails though. All other apps work perfectly. I have restarted the FP, but that does not change the situation. What can I do?

What email provider are you using (eg. Gmail? Outlook?)? Which email app do you use?

My email provider is xs4all (dutch) and I use the standard email app (‘E-mail’) on the FP.

Please contact xs4all. It might be that some settings on their side changed.

I have also an account with xs4all and I use K9-mail.
My settings for the sim are on the data
Go to the app Settings
More
Mobile network
XS4ALL
Access point names
the APN should be;
name: xs4all
APN: umts. xs4all.nl
Username: xs4all
Password: 1234
MCC: 204
MNC: 08
Authentication type: PAP
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

Settings that I have no mentioned in this list are set to ‘none’ or ‘not set’

I write the details for the mail later this day/

1 Like

Details for the email app

Incoming server settings:
IMAP server: imap.xs4all.nl
Security: SSL/TLS
Port: 993
username: xxxxx@xs4all.nl
Authentication: Normal password
Password: xxxx
tick the box with Auto-detect IMAP namespace
choose what you want for Use compression on network

Outgoing server:
SMTP server: smtp.xs4all.nl
Security: SSL/TLS
Port: 465
tick the box with Require sign-in
Username: xxxx@xs4all.nl
Authentication: Normal password
Password: xxxx

Thank you Lidwien,
All my setting were right. Then I changed Security from “SSL/TLS” into “SSL/TLS (Alle certificaten accepteren” and the email app began to collect all mail from the last one and a half week. I don’t understand why, but the problem is solved!
Thanks! Wim

The IMAP server presents a valid Let’s Encrypt certificate on port 993. (I don’t actually understand why, since the SMTP server has a wildcard certificate from Comodo which is also used for their web site.)
Make sure the date on your phone is correct, since these certificates have a very limited validity of 3 months. At present the server presents a certificate valid from Feb 20 to May 21, so if the date of your phone is set outside that range then it will mark the certificate as invalid.

1 Like

Yes, recently I had on my pc the message that the certificate was changed.

That’s true, but since the current one is valid it shouldn’t be necessary to choose ‘accept all certificates’.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.