Can receive calls but can't make them

Hello,

I have a fresh Fairphone 5, standard Android version 13. We can call to the phone, have a conversation but not the other way around. When trying to call a number, the phone app opens and goes directly to “call ended”. I have tried with an alternate caller app (SimpleDialler) but I got the same result without more information on what is the issue. Rebooting does not change this.

logcat output

(I haven’t seen any suspicious message but it’s pretty long and not sure what to look for).

Any idea what could cause this?
The SIM card is new but as I can receive call, I assume it’s not an network/carrier issue.

Thanks

As for me it was once the other way round and the SIM was the reason, I would def contact the provider as well.

You dont happen to have a second SIM only for data and the system tries to use this to call out?

1 Like

You dont happen to have a second SIM only for data and the system tries to use this to call out?

I swapped with another SIM and… it worked! So it is a SIM issue, will go see the carrier.

Thanks a lot !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.