Camera lens HFOV and crop factor 48MP camera

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right forum, but I am looking for a bit more information on the 48MP lens and sensor.
I’m using HUGIN for panorama stitching and usually use photo’s from high end camera’s which include all necessary data on the lens, sensor, etc. but I can’t find it on mobile phone camera’s.
Is there any way to find out what the horizontal field of view is (HVOF) and Focal Length Multiplier?

1 Like

According to the specs:

the 48MP sensor is a 1/2.25" type, that means a crop factor of about 6.08.

The focal length is stored in the EXIF data, for the 12MP sensor of the FP3 it is 4.36 mm, maybe someone with a FP3+ can have a look into the data.

2 Likes

The EXIF data for a random photo taken with my FP3+ states this (“Brennweite”) as 3.56 – but that’s already in the original poster’s screenshot :blush: Just posting the EXIF data in complete here, maybe someone more capable than me can gain more information from it:

2 Likes

Thanks, I haven’t been able to figure it out completely. The programme usually can calculate it from the EXIF data itself, apparently some info misses…

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.