Camera & Camera2 API - missing features & bugs

That was: at the begining!!

Thank you for your help!
I mean, I wonder about the basic camera which is in the Fair4. Is it API? Or IMO? I don’t know!

No, API (application programming interface) is used by other applications to access camera hardware. If you are interested in an out-of-the-box experience (i.e., using the stock camera app), then take a look at that topic I mentioned and see if the quality of photos is acceptable to you.

As you will buy your first Smartphone ever, with what are you comparing the pictures? It all depends on what you used before in my eyes and what you mostly take pictures from. Nature in good lightning condution, concerts, Kids, Indoor etc…

I personally are happy with it for my use cases, however I would never rely on a Smartphone camera e.g. during vacations.

2 Likes

ok! I will have a look! Razem.
And thanks a lot Yvmuel, I’m happy to read your advise, it’s exactly what I nead.

At least something seems to have been fixed

3 Likes

Yep, ultra wide angle works fine.

In addition to:

I’ve switched from Nikita 8.2 to BSG 8.7 and was able to find a workaround. If you go to Settings → Configuration of modes → Camera modules → Back (0.6) and set the Surface list option to from HW FULL, the lag goes away.
(cc @noodlejetski @LibrePhoner)

6 Likes

I encounter the lag as well, however cant find this surface list using BSG 8.7 V10…could you share a Screenshot and confirm your exact Version?

V11, but should probably be the same:

screen-20230303-202712_1

4 Likes

The wide angle lens and the normal work fine in OpenCamera. but the resolution is still changed once you switch on HDR. This works fine with Gcam ports.

thanks a lot, so I’m not blind… it was not there in the version I had installed… updated to V11 and now I have it

Btw. as fasr as I can see with latest Nikita 8.2 I cant access the wide angle lense

3 Likes

It works if you set the auxiliary camera in Settings - General - extended (Einstellungen, Abschnitt Allgemein - Erweitert - Hilfskamera). Enable the first and second sensor (Erster und Zweiter Bildsensor). The first is the normal the second the wideangle lense. By setting the icon text you can explicitly name those sensors accordingly

4 Likes

Yeah, looking at the changelog, it seems that they added this option in the last version (V11). What a timing. :smile:

4 Likes

thank you! that worked like a charm.

1 Like

but it seems, that the gcam versions perform very different on the wide angle camera.
BSG version often dont capture or crashes but Greatness works fine with far better quality,( if you activate the second camera.)
maybe ill test more versions.

But oberall is the camera quality a bit sad.

I activated widecam in Gcam BSG but can’t find it in OpenCamera. Where is it hidden?

Also interesting to see that stock camera does a good job of removing wide angle distortion while Gcam does record the raw image. (Example)

1 Like

Open Camera

2 Likes

Oh, I was blind, thanks :smiley:

1 Like

First there was a camera missing in OpenCamera, now I have one too much… :rofl:

Has anyone tested if there is any operational difference between the two versions of the standard camera (IDs 0 and 3)?

Manual Camera also has 4 whereas 2 seem to be the same, not sure if this could be due to the TOF sensor, or the full resolution?