Call quality and noise cancellation (regular calls, handsfree, Signal voice messages, Microsoft Teams video calls)

They are but so are we :frowning:

Doesn’t each of us play the nice game to get what we want?

The only way to help the poor is to become poor. Make them rich and they will just consume more.

However why not have more ‘fair’ competition on using planetary resources, maybe will we learn to become more human and then realise we are not the only consumers and give the other animals a plants a fighting chance.

Me, the ‘fight is over, neither lost nor won’ Wishbone Ash (Argus)

Odd way of looking at it. Science and technology allow us to do more and more with less (ephemeralization). Checkout the definition of a post scarcity economy. That’s a possible direction in our development.

I do hope it’s just a mix of very bad customer support and a complete and utter lack of communication to and from the company combined with propietary chipsets and the like. Also, I’m pretty sure the headphone jack got removed in order to get some better IP rating.

That’s correct, and to make room for other things in the phone. The headphone jack is big. Also, there is already a connector which can be used, USB C. There is no loss at all. But this has been discussed many times and in this thread it’s off topic.

I personally think that FP should invest more in their dev team. There was a recent post about FP expanding their support team. Which I find odd. The support team cannot fix anything. If you have more devs, you have less issues and don’t need more support staff. But I’m saying this as an outsider of course. We can only speculate and hope things will improve.

Well there was no IP rating before the FP4 :slight_smile:

I see, thanks for the info.

Yeah, exactly. It just seems like they got way too little people to fix way too many issues. Let’s hope they upscale the dev team.

Wait… What. You mean the “dot” on the left side is the microphone?

I suppose the microphone/camera indicator at the top right. That dot.

Edit: oh wait, with dot you mean the hole on the side of the phone. The “dot” made me think of the UI. sorry out of context.

Hi yes the mic for normal calls is lower left . You can test which mic is used for which purpose via the inbuilt Service tests…

I only have an FP3 Bottom for hand calls Top mic for hands free and video

I got the same problem.

Not sure what your exact issue is, however I moved your post here

Everytime I make phone call or receive a phone call. I can hear the other person voice but the other side who cannot hear my voice.

Help to fix?

From Brooklyn, US.

Despite your post being moved to this call sound quality catch-all thread, your problem sounds like it might be more likely to be the problem described toward the end of this thread, where no sound goes from the phone to the other side, but the other direction works. You may be able to work around this by switching the speakerphone on, then off. If that is the problem, doing so may cause the sound to work until the phone is rebooted.

This seems to happen more often in the US than Europe, but does happen there as well.

Are you sure you are not covering the mic ~ low down on the left :slight_smile:
There are three mics for different uses.

As you are located in the US, check here as well

Edit: I see you are doing so already.

Yep, perhaps I can bring a bit of light in this whole lot of darkness.

I haven’t been able to find a possibility to improve the quality while I am phoning in handsfree mode. It seems to be depending at least in part on which network provider one is using

However, I found out that phoning normally, saying to keep the phone to your ear, it is important not to cover the WiFi and 4G/5G units located in the upper left side of the FP4 5G. As soon as I get my FP4 5G too close to my ear, and if I hold the phone above the left side microphone, connection is getting bad.

I write this since I have no connection issues using my OnePlus 9, no matter how I hold it. So I am sad to say this, but the FP4 5G is badly designed regarding the location of the WiFi and 4G/5G units.

1 Like

Is this something you can reproduce consistently? And if so, can you share a picture of how you hold your device? And if you don’t hold it like that, the quality is consistently better?

@UPPERCASE
Yes, I consistently can reproduce it. I have pictures that show how I hold the device so the quality is good. The important thing is not to cover the WiFi and 4g/5G units wich are located somewhere above the left side microphone.
Here are the pictores:

1 Like

And when you hold it differently, the quality instantly improves? I’m just making sure there were no rushed conclusions. We’ve seen it before a few times, such as the suggestions to disable the Google app or 5G.