Build: compilation terminated: fatal error: sys/types.h not found

I try to build the fairphone Open Source OS on Debian 7.
The instaled packages are:
openjdk-7-jdk 7u101-2.6.6.2~deb7u1
bison 1:2.5.dfsg-2.1
g+±multilib not installed, but gcc (the GNU-C+±compiler) is installed
git 1:1.7.10.4-1+wheezy3
gperf 3.0.3-1+b1
libxml2-utils 2.8.0+dfsg1-7+wheezy5
make 3.81-8.2
python-networkx 1.7~rc1-3
zlib1g-dev:i386 1:1.2.7.dfsg-13
zip 3.0-6

There are a lot of warnings. The fatal error is, that the file “sys/types.h” is not found by the script ~/fairphone_os/kernel/scripts/basic/fixdep.c:106:23 .
I don’t know, where this file should be and how it should have been come there. And of course I don’t know, what is wrong.
I cannot install g+±multilib in cause of dependencies with elementary packets. But gcc is installed.

Does anybody have an idea?

Otherwise I try it under Kubuntu. Should I create a virtual machine, or will it work in a schroot?

Thank you for every answer,

Cornelius

It’s a standard header file. It should be already installed on your system together with your c-lib. Just guessing … could you trying installing a package like “libc6-dev” if that one is not install already?

If it is installed … your environment is maybe not setup correctly so that the compiler is not able to find the system header files. That could be another problem.

Just guessing here because I don’t have all the information.

Thank you very much for your fast response!
libc6-dev is a part of the string of dependencies that makes the installation of g+±multilib impossible. apt-get install says: libc6-dev depends on libc6 (= 2.13-38+deb7u10) but 2.17-93 shall be installed.

I think, the best way is to set up ubuntu in a schroot without grafik components.

Wich directory or files should I delete before I compile again?

Best greetings from Cornelius

I would try installing libc6-dev. It’s more important than the rest … most of the build chain is inside the repo. You don’t need to remove anything. Just fix one error at the time until it works :wink:

If you don’t have a “basic setup” for compiling the helper tools, you will not be able to start the compilation of the arm code later.

If you have issues, just post what apt is telling you. Or leave out g+±multilib for a while and check where you end up without it, as long as the libc header files are getting installed.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.