Bugs with message and date

Hi evryone !
Since yesterday I’ve noticed bugs with my faiphone : the date and hour and have been changed whereas I did not touch any settings. Because of this change, when I send new messages they appear in the middle of the conversation and not at the end because some messages have been dated in 2017 : they appear at the end of the conversation. And my conversations are not classified anymore according to the last person I’ve chatted with.
So I don’t know if it’s due to the fairphone update or if it’s due to my fairphone, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. Does anyone have the same problem?
Thanks you guys
Clara

Strange but probably completely unrelated: The clock going suddenly to 2017 is something we suspect to happen in some extremely rare cases with a hardware we are currently developing in the company I work. But it’s a micro controller system not run on Android and the real time clock used there is ultra-low-power and specified für -40°C to 85°C. But I guess I will ask on monday if it could be the same chip.

Well, I don’t find any information about which RTC the Fairphone is using (without opening it, at least). Could it be something from Austria Semiconductors?

Die you look at this file? (PDF): http://www.fairphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Fairphone-List-of-Suppliers_July2014.pdf

Maybe @anon90052001 or @marco can clarify this.

Thanks. No, I did not find this document. But it does not seem to list the components in such details. Or it’s an RTC integrated into microcontroller and not a dedicated part.

1 Like

It seems to be a firmware problem in our case. The RTC chip is not likely to be involved.

It was rather easy to reproduce the error right now since it got triggered by switching from the 9th month to the 10th month. But it’s had not been possible to track it in august, march or november. If it’s something like this in the Fairphone OS too it might be a hell of a work to track it down…

I experienced problems with Davdroid, which uses ical4j. There seems to be a serious bug with timezones and light saving time, as stated here: https://github.com/rfc2822/davdroid/issues/186

Maybe this is related to the date problem in the message app. I don’t know enough about the internals of these apps to say if it can cause the issue reported in this thread.