Bugreport: unencrypted wifi impossible to connect in airplane mode - only encrypted wifis seem possible

You obviously missed my comment up above where I did address it, and ignored my question. Granted, you are very good at staying on topic (ranting about people changing the topic in this case) but not very good at staying focused for more than the 10 seconds it would’ve taken you to read my comment and, hopefully, work around this issue like I have.

Any way, better luck next year I guess :man_shrugging:

1 Like

In the January 2020 Android9 Update of FP3, the unencrpyted open WiFi bug is still present. When in flight mode, and having turned wifi on there, it only lists encrypted Wifis showing in the vicinity. As soon as disabling the flight mode the wifi list very quickly also shows (and re-connects of you already used that wifi in the past) unencrypted wifis again. Hope this gets sorted out quickly, I have been constantly using this on FP2 back then. thanks.

June 5th, 2020 Security Update for Android9, still having this issue. No unencrypted public wifi in flight mode available :(((

FP3 A.0134, Android9 OS update, security patch level June 5, 2020

please fix this stuff already! thanks.

Perhaps I’m missing something, but I see that this was put in a list in this forum, and it’s not clear whether this affects everybody …

So … has anybody actually contacted Fairphone support about this?
Because the community forum certainly won’t fix it.

2 Likes

The Fairphone3 (3+?) upgrade to Android10, from September 7, 2020 (July 5, 2020 security patch level) finally fixed this wifi bug within airplane mode. At last!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.