Bootloop after Marshmallow Update

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Bugtracker] :pencil2: Upgrade to FP Open 17.06.4 renders phone useless (freezes once booted and reboots itself)

OK, long time since the original post but for documentation purposes:

Restoring the TWRP backup (or rather every partition except the system after reinstalling Android 5) did not work.
I did some research into how I could extract data (like App data surch as text messages, contacts, etc.) from the backup and found out that the pro version of Titanium Backup and the free version of Nandroid Manager were supposed to do the trick if you have super user right (i.e. rooted the phone). Since I had flashed my phone several times by then I thought ‘Geronimo!’ and ‘Leroy Jenkins!’ alternately and decided to flash the Fairphone Open OS version available at the time (Android 5). The flashing worked. Once flashed I installed TitaniumPro and Nandroid Manager, restored my data from the TWRP backup with both (I think Nandroid Manager worked a tiny bit better, if memory serves). It worked great, by and large. I was even able to restore my apps although some app data was lost in the process. The update to Android 6 a couple of weeks later also worked brilliantly.

And that’s the story of how something I would tend to call a Google programming mistake made me switch to a less Google intense phone OS.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.