Bluetooth recognising phonebook / contacts

Hello, I have a FP2 that suits me well. It connects to Bluetooth in my car, and I can receive incoming calls and talk hands-free. However, it does not recognise my contacts. The car screen has the tab ‘phonebook’ greyed out.
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, and it does the same.
I do not like to deal with calls when I am driving, but have occasionally been stuck, on my own, needing to let someone know I will be late, and don’t want to break the law by scrolling though my contacts on my phone.
I am not good with tech! I have installed the latest updates on my FP2 but I think no more are available. Is anyone able to suggest anything?
Thank you so much!

When connecting a device to Bluetooth, you have to allow it access the calls and contacts if you want to use it so. If you go in the blutooth settings, you should have a little Settings icon next to your car’s name. In this menu, you should be able to activate the “Contact sharing” option.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried that, and am only offered ‘phone audio’ or ‘media audio’, both of which I have ticked.
I am unclear as to whether the limitation is because of the FP2, or the 6 year old car (Hyundai)
Do you think there is anything else I can try?

I am very grateful for your time, Jacky

1 Like

Well, I’m short on ideas. I don’t use bluetooth much and don’t own a car, so…
Maybe you could try with another car, if you have a friend/family member owning a more recent car?

Well, thank you anyway! As you can gather, it’s not something that I’ve really needed, but I live in a rural area with a bus service that has disappeared, and could do with using this on odd occasions - but not enough to want to pay for FP3!
I do appreciate your time, best wishes, Jacky

1 Like

An approx 6 years old Volkswagen, as well as a recent Volkswagen and Skoda both worked fine. M yestimation is, unfortunately, that you Hyundai is not cooperating. Does your device allow updates?

1 Like

As in the picture, my car requests the access rights to contacts and SMS.

Thanks for your interest. My FP2’s last update was 19.11.2. There haven’t been any updates for some time, I think that maybe there are no more for FP2?
I don’t know about the Hyundai - it had an ‘update’ every year for 5 years, but I think that was the sat-nav and I’m not sure if it affected the Bluetooth.
Thanks, Jacky

1 Like

PS: Have just seen your picture - thank you for posting it. Mine looks completely different. It shows a phone logo, a number pad, and tabs at the bottom, on which ‘phonebook’ and ‘favourites’ are blued out.

Oh, my bad. I totally forgot to see you are on FP2. The pictures are from android 9 ona FP3… :woman_facepalming:t3:
Nevertheless, despite the looks, I remember this options to be pretty similar for some older android versions. I think phone book should be right, but why they are not active… I unfortunately don’t know.

Thank you to both of you who have tried to help, I appreciate your kindness.

1 Like

The FP2 will receive an upgrade to android 9 soon, but it is still in beta. It is in the phase of being certified by Google and this can take a bit of time.

Hello, I have, as suggested, borrowed another device to use, and the car does pick up that device’s phonebook - so the problem is with FP2. At least I can make a decision in that knowledge.
Thank you again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.